best precharge?

air arms s200 great gun light weight can be converted to 10 shot not a bad price either quality guns good on power,or instead of the hw100 which is a great gun the webley venom sidewinder loads more shots than the hw 100 same power and loading mechanism.

I couldn't tell you how old my HW77 is, it was bought when they first came out :D

1985 ish...?? :hmm:

That's about when the HW77 appeared Andy. I'd love to find some of the early original 77s and see how they shoot. Wonderful rifle.

Simon

Yep! Your both right, 85 it was, and it still shoots very well, all its had is a set of seals, and numerous springs in the years I've owned it, looks a bit rough, but it will still shoot the pimple of a knats arse at thirty yards :D

I couldn't tell you how old my HW77 is, it was bought when they first came out :D

That's about when the HW77 appeared Andy. I'd love to find some of the early original 77s and see how they shoot. Wonderful rifle.

Simon

Yep! Your both right, 85 it was, and it still shoots very well, all its had is a set of seals, and numerous springs in the years I've owned it, looks a bit rough, but it will still shoot the pimple of a knats arse at thirty yards :D

I had a 77k way back then in .177 that I sold a few years back. I really wish I'd kept it. Shooting with Simon's 77 has been bringing back a lot of memories. They really got the design of that rifle spot on and I don't think it's been improved on by anyone since.

Air Arms do some lovely springers but I wouldn't say any on them are better than the 77, only different :thumbs:

Edited by andyfr1968

Hw100 thumbhole in carbine are short and light and the mag holds 14 pellets and shoot 50 odd FULL power shots mine does 11.80 with 5fps difference.

Very accurate and well built you will love it

People say they are heavy but they arent! Compared to a lighter rifle then yes they are heavier obviously but with the thumhole stock they are VERY well balanced!

Atb

Scott

Simon

According to the list of serial numbers on the Weihrauch Owners Club my HW77K was made in 1984? That must make it fairly early? If i ever meet you you're more than welcome to have a go :thumbs:

Paul.

Simon

According to the list of serial numbers on the Weihrauch Owners Club my HW77K was made in 1984? That must make it fairly early? If i ever meet you you're more than welcome to have a go :thumbs:

Paul.

That really must be one of the very first ones you've got there, mate. If I ever do I'd be very happy to take you up on your offer and you can have a crack with my 90, if ya fancy??!! :laugh:

Edited by andyfr1968

The best PCP is one that you can hold and fire accurately! Some people will rave about HW100s, some will proclaim the BSA Super Ten to be the business, some will love the Ultra, R10, Logun, it is down to the person holding and firing the rifle. If you get one that allows you to get consistant groupings at your chosen kill range then that is the rifle for you. The best thing to do is try as many as possible and see which one you like!