hi I got a dog on Saturday a saluki x cross,that was mis treated,he was very skinny,and his eyes were gunked up,and very watery,did not think that this lad would let him go so bad,so I have giving him best of grub and got him brolene for his eyes,washed him with flea shampoo and brushed him out,but the part I am stuck at is his legs and under his belly,he is full of sores and some of the hair is missing on legs,so top half I am doing real well but what do I get to get the sores off him and hair on his legs back,i put savlon All over his legs,any info would be great,he is coming on well since I wormed him glad to give him a 2 chance thanks if you'd can help me

Sudocream will help to speed up the healing process of the sores, it will also help to prevent them getting infected. It may be worth using a better flea treatment than just shampoo .......... Frontline will kill fleas, eggs and lavea. If your stuck send me your address in a PM and i'll stick some in the post for you. :thumbs:

• Like 1

thanks for the replies,I will get some frontline for him Hannah thanks anyway,he coming a treat now since Saturday very alert now,just sorting out his four legs and getting his hair back,I gave him ivermac as wel.so fingers crossed he will be fine

tea tree oil in small doses is quite good for stuff like that but make sure its really weak as its poisonous to dogs to digest so if hes licking at the sores or anything he might get a bit poorly. Good on you for taking in a mistreated dog i hate seeing people do that to their animals but thats another rant haha

Like what's already been said keep him up to date with his worming and flea treatments and he should be OK. Plenty of decent grub and a good fussing should build a good bond between you and the dog.

Fair play for taking him on and looking after him, It's a good thing you're doing :good: .

Thanks lads hate to see dogs like that,he is coming on grand already he straight back to me every call,brill recall on this dog,and he is now full of energy,which I like to see,I put some savlon on his sores and his cuts,it is really just his legs that are bad now,but I am sure in time they will heal and all the hair will grow over thanks for the replies

Thanks lads hate to see dogs like that,he is coming on grand already he straight back to me every call,brill recall on this dog,and he is now full of energy,which I like to see,I put some savlon on his sores and his cuts,it is really just his legs that are bad now,but I am sure in time they will heal and all the hair will grow over thanks for the replies

:thumbs:

Hibiscrub can be good for sore skin, well diluted. You can buy it on ebay and other sites. Only thing I would add to the above is to take your time feeding him up, don't try to stuff him full of food too quickly, his stomach won't be able to cope with it. Feed small meals often if you can. Good luck with him!