new to this site wondered if anyone can answer this in layman terms as its bolloxed me (excuse the french) ive got a allotment and im being plagued by magpies and one or two grey squirrels and also rats as big as donkeys can i shoot the little b*&^%$tards with a air rifle tried to look it up in the goverment legislation paper but i think its been written by a martian in there native tongue or theyve wrote it so it confuses you that much that you phone there help line (only charged at local rate)

heres hoping

and kindest regards

lyndon

Welcome to the forum matey

If it was me id be using anything i could to get rid of them :whistling:

but as to give you some advise id just trap them all and (which is legal if you check your traps daily)

im not 100% on the rules behind it as its not really my area but im sure a more experienced forum member can give you more advice on this and what is legal and isnt.

ATB and good luck with your problem :thumbs:

check out the allotment bylaws, you'll probably find holding a gun there is a no no and against the law, but traps should be fine, as long as any live catch ones are checked daily, water/food etc

new to this site wondered if anyone can answer this in layman terms as its bolloxed me (excuse the french) ive got a allotment and im being plagued by magpies and one or two grey squirrels and also rats as big as donkeys can i shoot the little b*&^%$tards with a air rifle tried to look it up in the goverment legislation paper but i think its been written by a martian in there native tongue or theyve wrote it so it confuses you that much that you phone there help line (only charged at local rate)

heres hoping

and kindest regards

lyndon

thought about traps already can anyone sugest anywhere to get second hand ones my chickens and wife take most of my money in that order and thankyou all for the quick response

heres hoping

and kindest regards

lyndon

thought about traps already can anyone sugest anywhere to get second hand ones my chickens and wife take most of my money in that order and thankyou all for the quick response

oh blinking eck (for want of a better cruder word) just noticed it shows plans on this site of how to build traps anyway thanks again everyone who replied

lyndon

good ere innit :D

I used to have an alottment a year or so ago and the reason i dont have it any more is because i was seen (on my own plot) shooting rats with an air rifle. It wasnt because i was shooting rats it was because i had a firearm so the answer your looking for is... leave the rifle at home lol

Welcome to the forum mate

Edited by Staffy1993