Head shot/lung shot

Will do Marksman. I've been shooting a fair bit and getting used to the drop off at different distances. My brother was trying to get me over to his permission to shoot some rabbits but I don't think I'm ready yet, I'll keep practising.

• Like 1

Will do Marksman. I've been shooting a fair bit and getting used to the drop off at different distances. My brother was trying to get me over to his permission to shoot some rabbits but I don't think I'm ready yet, I'll keep practising.

Good to hear mate ;)

If there's anything else you're unsure of or need to know just stick a post up and I'm site someone will be along to help.

Darryl

very responsible attitude! :good:

To be honest I was wanting to go straight out and start hunting but after shooting a bit I realised that it doesn't come completely naturally to me (as my sister in law proved by being way better than me) and my grouping it not as good as I'd hoped so I just need a little more time.

The gun is also fairly new and is loosening up and getting more powerful so I think the drop off at distance may have changed slightly...I've got a cardboard box that I filled with more cardboard and foam, I mounted a target on it and was using it to practice. The pellets weren't going all the way through it at first but they are now so I've had to pack it out with as much cardboard as I could get in there to try and stop them going through. I'm amazed at how powerful these things are!

Precision air rifle shooting is NOT as easy as some would have you think. Just make sure you know the basics about taking a shot with a rifle, breathing, trigger control, muscle fatigue etc and just practise. Ive just got myself a knew rifle after an 18 month spell away from the sport and Getting out on the practice range is my only consideration at the moment. Last night I put a small session in and managed to get 5 shot groupings of 0.5" at 30m, however inconsistently! So more time is needed, braking this new rifle in AND reminding my body and mind how to shoot properly again, lol.

Just to add, I had a number of 5 shot groupings of over 2"!!!! So just keep practicing and those 2p size groupings will come, then the real fun begins...