NIGHT VISION

BEEN THINKING OF GETTING SOME NIGHTVISION SCOPES,JUST FOR SHOOTING RATS ON THE ALLOTMENTS!! I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE FRONT ADD ON TO YOURE OWN SCOPES? ALSO SEEN THE NS56 FULL SCOPE! BUT PREFER THE FRONT ADD ON AS I DONT WANT TO BE TAKING THEM ON-OFF ALL THE TIME, AND RE-ZEROING ALL THE TIME!! ADVICE ANYONE?? AND WHERE TO BUY??

Edited by pipa

hey mate,

i feel the same. i'm looking at night vision and its a nightmare. i have narrowed it down to two but its expensive!

for ratting the pulsar n550 is best. digital sight and easy to use. its good for rabbitting too. however its a full sight so you'll have to re-zero every time. which is a put off for me. but if you can deal with that then go for it! :thumbs:

they go for around a thousand pounds, give or take. excellent peace of kit!

the next one i can find is the ATN PS22 - Night Vision System. attachable to a day time scope and used for all spec up to special forces. hence the high price tag. 2 thousand pounds. but its the king of night vision. gen 3, and because its day time scope attachable, no re-zero required and good zoom. turns night into day.

you specify your scope size and they send you an adapter too. easy to mount. this is what i would suggest.

however if your price tag is low the you can find scope attachable monocles for about 300 pounds. although they will be gen 1 and they only adapt to the back of your scope so eye relief will be an issue. as well as this the pixel's inside wont cope with over 4 x zoom.

hope this helps!

atb alex.

thanks mate, been talking to a mate and he says the same as you about the pulsar, great bit of kit but way to pricey for me, unless a secondhand one comes along?? and i dont really like the look of the add on to the back of scope!! think i might try looking for a 2nd hand yukon or deben?? atb chris

for shooting rats on my mates farm I have used a headmounted night vison monocular and a laser signt on my rifle.I can see were the rats are and walk around in the dark .they dont seem as spooked as rabbits by a little sound so to get close enough for a shot is ezey.The rifle can be used day and night no cliping sights on and off ect a scope and a laser [the laser on my gun is mounted on the barrle so I can check if my gun is zeroed if the crosshiar and the laser line up the sights are on.].the main problem are the laser is to bright so I choke of light with tape the other problem is the headmounted monocular is uncomfotable to wear .

There's plenty of dedicated NV scopes about for decent money mate. I sold my old one for £300 which seems to be the average price fir a secondhand dedicated NV scope. Have a look in the for sale section on here or the BBS or pigeon watch and you're more likely to find one to suit your needs

Darryl

cheers guys, ill keep my eye out for a decent one at a fair price, might aswell get a good one? dont want to get one thats not suited for the job and have to splash out again? chris