Once a day

Iv'e decided to start feeding my pup once a a day as she's now coming up 6 months in a week.

I currently feed her a small chicken carcass in the morning and a pound of tripe and half a chopped carrot in the evening!

When I start feeding her once a day should I be giving her more in quantity of food as I am going to feed her carcass one day tripe the next. Should the servings be bigger than what I was feeding her twice a day??

Thanks

Happy Hunting

Edited by cymruguy69

Iv'e decided to start feeding my pup once a a day as she's now coming up 6 months in a week.

I currently feed her a small chicken carcass in the morning and a pound of tripe and half a chopped carrot in the evening!

When I start feeding her once a day should I be giving her more in quantity of food as I am going to feed her carcass one day tripe the next. Should the servings be bigger than what I was feeding her twice a day??

Thanks

Happy Hunting

hi mate, i have a pup now coming up to 6 months old i was told to feed her twice a day until 12 months old, not sure on this but will follow this advice. Good luck

Thanks

Happy Hunting

hi mate, i have a pup now coming up to 6 months old i was told to feed her twice a day until 12 months old, not sure on this but will follow this advice. Good luck

Iv'e heared many diffrent people say diffrent things about when to start feeding once a day! I'm not completely sure when to start feeding my bitch once a day so I obviously want to make then right desicion!! :blink:

What are all your views on when to start feeding once a day??

Or do you feed twice all the time??

Cheers :drinks:

Edited by cymruguy69

I would still feed the pup twice a day until she's older: you didn't say what size/breeding she is: smaller dogs mature faster, though even with a small lurcher I would still feed twice a day until she has reached her full height. Is she greedily eating both meals? If so then don't stop feeding 2 meals a day.

I would also feed a bit more protein in the form of red meat, as tripe is very low in protein. Chicken carcase is fine, though there is not an enormous amount of protein there either though of course lots of nutrients.

I feed mine twice a day until they are a year old, and if they are skinny type that burn up energy fast then I continue with 2 meals a day until they have filled out properly.

Even with adults, I may give a small breakfast to the 'skinny' types, and of course it depends on the amount of work/exercise they are getting as well.

with skycat on this one twice a day till full grown then for a couple of weeks a meal and half in the morning then the other half in the evening...a couple of dogs i've had struggled to be fed just once and were sick(bial)in the evening when not fed but used to it!!! wean them on to one meal!

Always feed after exercise: that's why I feed main meal in the evening, except for dogs going lamping, obviously. they get fed when they get home. If you feed main meal in the morning and exercise late afternoon/early evening, then its a long time till next morning without food, and energy used up on exercise needs to be replaced.

Feeding after exercise during fittening up means that the muscles benefit better from the food if it is fed straight after exercise: ask a body builder or athlete.

Thanks

Happy Hunting

Whats that for a meal to feed a dog? :no: Tripe just blows trought them, no nutrients whatsoever. Carrot?

Just get the dog some good dog food and twice a day especially designed for pups.

Thanks

Happy Hunting

Whats that for a meal to feed a dog? :no: Tripe just blows trought them, no nutrients whatsoever. Carrot?

Just get the dog some good dog food and twice a day especially designed for pups.

Balls...f**k the dog food off and stick with the raw.

If you ever need to find out the nutrients of particular foods then try here

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20uB.html

Thanks

Happy Hunting

Balls...f**k the dog food off and stick with the raw.

If you ever need to find out the nutrients of particular foods then try here

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20uB.html

Its a list for humans? carrots are on it! tripe is'nt.

I mean you don't have to feed dry food or any other comercial food there is but carrots and tripe come on no dog can grow on that. a rabbit maybe :laugh: