what slip with no collar?

im thinking of running my new pup with no collar when she is ready.

ive always just used a slip with a bit to strapping or rope threw the collar.

with no collar whats the best slip to use? dont fancy just looping a bit of rope round her neck as i wouldent trust her not to wriggle out of it.

You can buy various 'coursing' slips that are a wide leather collar attached to a release clip, when you fire the trigger the whole collar comes off the dog. I bought a short one donkey's years ago (9" lead/strap with a release trigger on the collar) but it took about 2 nights before I was back to a normal wide leather collar and a bit of string... a lot less fiddly! ;)

:whistling:

ND.jpg

Can be made in various widths and thickness to suit most dogs.

Will be made with the lead handle (black part) in different lengths to suit, this one is in 2 colours to show the detail better, the red loop on the handle is so you put the handle around your wrist and slide the loop up so you don't lose the lead when the dog has gone.

Not my design, but I'm making them.

ND.jpg

Will be made with the lead handle (black part) in different lengths to suit, this one is in 2 colours to show the detail better, the red loop on the handle is so you put the handle around your wrist and slide the loop up so you don't lose the lead when the dog has gone.

how tight are they round the dogs neck??? if the dog pulled backwards to get out the slip when it wasnt meant to wouldnt it just pull its head straight out?? could we see a pic of one on a dog?? :thumbs: :thumbs:

ND.jpg

loop it round something mate so i can understand better how it works please.

and give me a price.

im thinking of running my new pup with no collar when she is ready.

ive always just used a slip with a bit to strapping or rope threw the collar.

with no collar whats the best slip to use? dont fancy just looping a bit of rope round her neck as i wouldent trust her not to wriggle out of it.

not knocking the idea , but in my experiences , ive found there are occasions where it was a good job the dog had a collar on , and saved my bacon a few times , say for example ,when the dogs on its quarry and a 4x4 headlights start coming across the feild to ya , grab the collar and start dragging , to avoid capture :laugh: on another note theres saving meat depending on what the dogs retrieving , :blink: and just simply getting the dogs out of the car with no collars on can be disasterous and ruin a good day out when a dog gets ran over before you get to your destination ,also , has anyone ever tried splitting 2 dogs up from fighting without collars ?? its hard enough with collars on , in my opinion its better the dog wears a collars , hope it works for you mate atb .............

Edited by tag

bump! how much strongstuff?

I haven't made any for sale yet, that was just a one off so far.

When they are for sale the black handle part will be long so the 2 rings are at the back or side of the dogs neck, the one in the photo was for a tall dog with a short owner.

The dog won't be able to back out of it because the red part will be pulled through the ring, the photo was just to give an idea, obviously it would'nt be so loose on the dog.

Not got any photos on a dog.

bump! how much strongstuff?

I haven't made any for sale yet, that was just a one off so far.

When they are for sale the black handle part will be long so the 2 rings are at the back or side of the dogs neck, the one in the photo was for a tall dog with a short owner.

The dog won't be able to back out of it because the red part will be pulled through the ring, the photo was just to give an idea, obviously it would'nt be so loose on the dog.

Not got any photos on a dog.

ok mate no worries. please let us know when there forsale and you have a price sorted out.

cheers.