My brother inlaw needs some help

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Signed ,get the papers onto this

its a sad state of affairs, when people cant let an innocent child rest in peace........ i went to little jimmys funeral, and remember thinkin, what the hell his parents and sister must be going thro

not being funny but cant imagine them doing that if you was one of the so called minority groups

I'm sure that's JUST what he needs! Seriously, who mentioned minorities?

Anyway, what're the chances of a minority type(by this you mean Muslim, your type always do comes from reading the Sun and the Star) being buried in a CHRISTIAN graveyard?

Petition signed by the way.

thats what i said to myself, you need meridian news or bbc south today, to do a bot on it........

i wonder if it would be worth loads of people being there like protesters.... a show of force and solidarity..

p.s is shotgunkelly big lenny

ive taken this from another site, this gives a lot more details on the subject.......

886428-1299370757-main.jpg

The diocese of Oxford have treated Tina & Jimmy Hedges of Sandhurst over a period of 7 years in a dreadful and appalling manner; regarding an ongoing and longstanding dispute they have been forced to endure with St Michaels and All Angels Church Sandhurst in the diocese of Oxford; relating to their late son’s headstone. The family were devastated by the death of their beloved seven year old son Jimmy in 2004 however, the diocese it seems, has made a concerted effort to make it as difficult as possible for the family to put up a memorial headstone of their choice (or indeed any other) to mark their beloved child’s resting place in the churchyard. When dealing with the diocese to this end the family’s efforts was met with complicated bureaucracy, inflexibility and obstinacy.

We feel there was absolutely no need or basis for the diocese to take such a totally unchristian and unsympathetic stance where this family were concerned in the first instance; ST MAAC seems to have rules for the non-Gypsy and completely different rules for this particular family; who happen to be ethnic Romany Gypsies. The family’s roots in Sandhurst go back 100 years. The Hedges are a very well known and respected Christian family in the area, it is also accepted by the inhabitants there that they the family are very kind and caring people who are strongly connected to ST MAAC itself; the child concerned was christened in the church and during his short life regularly attended the services there with his family.

In March 2009 the family was asked to meet with Oxford Diocese for a ‘formal chat’ they were told not to take a solicitor as it would upset the diocese? On entering the church the family noted it was full, they were then told that the church had been formed into a court. Effectively they had been taken to court without notice. At one point their 14 year old daughter was asked to stand up and state why she wanted the headstone. This whole disgraceful procedure smacks of draconian medieval times and we are of the opinion that the persons in the diocese who voted to convene such a surreptitious meeting which only served to disparage and degrade Mr. Mrs. Hedges and their young daughter and cause them more distress are in our opinion no more than incorrigible bullies who’s motives seem to be incomprehensible.

Over the years, the family’s attempts to communicate with the church to get permission to put up the memorial more often than not to have fallen on deaf ears e.g.; the diocese refusing for 3 whole years to acknowledge written communication from Mrs. Hedges. Clearly, when the parents applied to have their son buried in the church yard in 2004 the diocese should have communicated all rules and regulations to them then; thereby giving them the choice of where they should lay their beloved child to rest; that did not happen, instead the diocese preferred to communicate the rules and regulations as and when needed.

In our humble opinion and without prejudice, this was a wicked calculated, determined and concerted effort to create stumbling blocks to the family, not caring that they were dealing with people who were broken in heart and spirit whereby, now 7 years later the family are left shattered by prejudice and rejection.

The diocese rejected the family’s choice of a headstone depicting the gates of heaven, their reverend said the diocese would never allow it, or ‘black polished granite, crosses’ ‘edging kerbs’ as well as angels’ yet; a headstone nearby Jimmy was erected in the graveyard in 2005, it seems without permission albeit, we do believe permission was sought and awarded for a totally different headstone; as can be noted below the memorial depicts the ‘Gates of Heaven’ it has been there for 5 years? The diocese has not ordered the owners to take it down nor has it threatened to or taken them to court, or indeed told them that when they did so, the owners would be liable for the court costs as they advised the Hedges indeed, the headstone mentioned is of polished black granite.

Jimmy’s headstone was bought 18 months previous to it finally being erected on 8th October 2009, 1 day before his 5th Anniversary; In March 2006 and after the initial rejection of the gates of heaven the family suggested an Angel, they never heard anymore on the subject; November 2009 the church took Mr. Mrs. Hedges to Winchester Court, case was adjourned, then last week, the family were ordered to take down the memorial within the next 6 weeks

Jimmy’s memorial headstone

In St Michaels & All Angels Church graveyard there are approximately;

325 polished colored granite marble headstones

396 edging kerbs

148 crosses

Yet the diocese seems to have chosen to overlook those. If this is not racial discrimination then we wonder what exactly the church’s interpretation is.

It is not uncommon for the Romany Gypsy people to be discriminated against and it is so to the extent, that we have been called the new Jews of Europe, the level of discrimination our people suffer at times is reminiscent of the days preceding the holocaust but, we do not expect that discrimination to come from the church that is supposed to give sanctuary, guidance, hope, compassion and love to our fellowman. None of which were employed when dealing with Tina & Jimmy Hedges simple request. Did the diocese expect the family to be satisfied to leave the grave unmarked?

Jimmy Hedges Junior was not a Pauper; he had a loving caring family who wanted his resting place marked. How can the individuals on the diocese call themselves Christians and more importantly how could they treat a fellow human being in such a contemptible manner.

UKAGW wrote to the Archbishop of Canterbury last year to ask him to speak to the people on Oxford diocese and explain that what they have done and seem intent on continuing to do is unchristian, and that their behavior is unworthy of people who are supposed to be a part of a Christian organisation. Do the people on the diocese think Jesus would agree with their unchristian behavior towards true believers whose, only crime it seems, is to have a memorial stone to mark their beloved child’s resting place.

Jimmy cannot speak for himself now but, you can help his beloved Mother and Father to continue to speak for him by please signing the petition below.

little jimmys petition

thats what i said to myself, you need meridian news or bbc south today, to do a bot on it........

i wonder if it would be worth loads of people being there like protesters.... a show of force and solidarity..

p.s is shotgunkelly big lenny

Don't look like big Lenny in me avatar does it 

Well they picked on the wrong person this time

Jimmys off to the European court of human rights , first

person ever to take the church of England here

it's also to be discussed at the house of lords

Was on BBC south today & BBC radio Berkshire , if you get to listen

to this you'll see/hear just what a bunch off tossers the church really are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00f73ry/

good luck with it all mate hope it turns out well

ive worked in quite a few churches and houses of different high ranking church employee`s and there some of the nastiest people ive ever met

when there time comes they wont have a hope in hell of getting through those gates

just listened to the radio interviews , terrible what that family is going through , and as for the church representative he should be ashamed off himself tryin to justify this , how the likes off him sleep at night is beyond me , he kept mentionin the diosese as being a judge OH AND THAT MAKES HIS DESICION RIGHT DOES IT , I THINK NOT , I hope the people who hear about this see what these so called pillars of society are all about , there out off touch with society, i hope this family get the outcome they deserve , i was going to say i PRAY they do but that would be wastin my time the way the church has shown itself.

My nephew James died on the 7th of October 2004. He was 7 years old and had had a long struggle with terminal cancer. He laid in his grave for 5 years while my Brother (his father) waited for the Priest and the Church to give him a yes or no on the proposed gravestone. For 5 years my family had to visit a wooden cross to pay their respects and for 5 years they all waited pantiently. In the end, my Brother grew tired of waiting and went ahead and gave his son a headstone. Now, after 2 years with the stone on his grave, my Brother and his family have been told to remove the headstone in six weeks, or they will not be laid to rest beside their son in the plots they already own. This, in my opinion, is the worst kind of emotional blackmail I've seen. Take off his headstone or leave your son alone for the rest of eternity.

Very Christian.

Anyway, the point of this post is that my brother in laws family need names. He's filed an online petitionand hopes for at least 1,000 names. It doesn't matter who you are, I just need you to sign this, if you can. It hurts to think that my brother in law, his wife, and his daughter are being told how to mourn their son and brother.

Thanks shottgunkelly

done

best of luck

also left comment

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/jimmys-headstone/

Edited by keeper 51

ive taken this from another site, this gives a lot more details on the subject.......

886428-1299370757-main.jpg

The diocese of Oxford have treated Tina & Jimmy Hedges of Sandhurst over a period of 7 years in a dreadful and appalling manner; regarding an ongoing and longstanding dispute they have been forced to endure with St Michaels and All Angels Church Sandhurst in the diocese of Oxford; relating to their late son’s headstone. The family were devastated by the death of their beloved seven year old son Jimmy in 2004 however, the diocese it seems, has made a concerted effort to make it as difficult as possible for the family to put up a memorial headstone of their choice (or indeed any other) to mark their beloved child’s resting place in the churchyard. When dealing with the diocese to this end the family’s efforts was met with complicated bureaucracy, inflexibility and obstinacy.

We feel there was absolutely no need or basis for the diocese to take such a totally unchristian and unsympathetic stance where this family were concerned in the first instance; ST MAAC seems to have rules for the non-Gypsy and completely different rules for this particular family; who happen to be ethnic Romany Gypsies. The family’s roots in Sandhurst go back 100 years. The Hedges are a very well known and respected Christian family in the area, it is also accepted by the inhabitants there that they the family are very kind and caring people who are strongly connected to ST MAAC itself; the child concerned was christened in the church and during his short life regularly attended the services there with his family.

In March 2009 the family was asked to meet with Oxford Diocese for a ‘formal chat’ they were told not to take a solicitor as it would upset the diocese? On entering the church the family noted it was full, they were then told that the church had been formed into a court. Effectively they had been taken to court without notice. At one point their 14 year old daughter was asked to stand up and state why she wanted the headstone. This whole disgraceful procedure smacks of draconian medieval times and we are of the opinion that the persons in the diocese who voted to convene such a surreptitious meeting which only served to disparage and degrade Mr. Mrs. Hedges and their young daughter and cause them more distress are in our opinion no more than incorrigible bullies who’s motives seem to be incomprehensible.

Over the years, the family’s attempts to communicate with the church to get permission to put up the memorial more often than not to have fallen on deaf ears e.g.; the diocese refusing for 3 whole years to acknowledge written communication from Mrs. Hedges. Clearly, when the parents applied to have their son buried in the church yard in 2004 the diocese should have communicated all rules and regulations to them then; thereby giving them the choice of where they should lay their beloved child to rest; that did not happen, instead the diocese preferred to communicate the rules and regulations as and when needed.

In our humble opinion and without prejudice, this was a wicked calculated, determined and concerted effort to create stumbling blocks to the family, not caring that they were dealing with people who were broken in heart and spirit whereby, now 7 years later the family are left shattered by prejudice and rejection.

The diocese rejected the family’s choice of a headstone depicting the gates of heaven, their reverend said the diocese would never allow it, or ‘black polished granite, crosses’ ‘edging kerbs’ as well as angels’ yet; a headstone nearby Jimmy was erected in the graveyard in 2005, it seems without permission albeit, we do believe permission was sought and awarded for a totally different headstone; as can be noted below the memorial depicts the ‘Gates of Heaven’ it has been there for 5 years? The diocese has not ordered the owners to take it down nor has it threatened to or taken them to court, or indeed told them that when they did so, the owners would be liable for the court costs as they advised the Hedges indeed, the headstone mentioned is of polished black granite.

Jimmy’s headstone was bought 18 months previous to it finally being erected on 8th October 2009, 1 day before his 5th Anniversary; In March 2006 and after the initial rejection of the gates of heaven the family suggested an Angel, they never heard anymore on the subject; November 2009 the church took Mr. Mrs. Hedges to Winchester Court, case was adjourned, then last week, the family were ordered to take down the memorial within the next 6 weeks

Jimmy’s memorial headstone

In St Michaels & All Angels Church graveyard there are approximately;

325 polished colored granite marble headstones

396 edging kerbs

148 crosses

Yet the diocese seems to have chosen to overlook those. If this is not racial discrimination then we wonder what exactly the church’s interpretation is.

It is not uncommon for the Romany Gypsy people to be discriminated against and it is so to the extent, that we have been called the new Jews of Europe, the level of discrimination our people suffer at times is reminiscent of the days preceding the holocaust but, we do not expect that discrimination to come from the church that is supposed to give sanctuary, guidance, hope, compassion and love to our fellowman. None of which were employed when dealing with Tina & Jimmy Hedges simple request. Did the diocese expect the family to be satisfied to leave the grave unmarked?

Jimmy Hedges Junior was not a Pauper; he had a loving caring family who wanted his resting place marked. How can the individuals on the diocese call themselves Christians and more importantly how could they treat a fellow human being in such a contemptible manner.

UKAGW wrote to the Archbishop of Canterbury last year to ask him to speak to the people on Oxford diocese and explain that what they have done and seem intent on continuing to do is unchristian, and that their behavior is unworthy of people who are supposed to be a part of a Christian organisation. Do the people on the diocese think Jesus would agree with their unchristian behavior towards true believers whose, only crime it seems, is to have a memorial stone to mark their beloved child’s resting place.

Jimmy cannot speak for himself now but, you can help his beloved Mother and Father to continue to speak for him by please signing the petition below.

little jimmys petition