which hw 100

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi I have a HW100 kt in .22 and love it. Easy to shoot, easy to use if you have the wright scope and do your home work on targets at different distances and know your hold over and unders , then yo

Hi Andy,

To be honest with you pal all the HW100 models are out of this world rifles.

I’ve owned a HW100KT .22 and a HW100T .177 both as good as each other.

The KT is a slight bit lighter and shorter and you get a few less shots than the HW100T.

If you are happy with around 56 accurate and consistent shots per charge the KT is good, if you want more then the 100T is better for you pal.

The new shrouded versions are also good looking at the reviews but not as quiet and do require a second silencer to make them like the above versions.

Accuracy wise, well all I can say is they are all more accurate than you will ever be able to shoot it mate.

I don’t know if you read the Terry Doe review in the Air Gun mag some months ago. He reviewed the HW100KT.

When he got to the accuracy part he put something along the lines of “If you can’t get 1 hole groups with this rifle easily out to 40 yards then you have the wrong pellets for the barrelâ€.

Say no more pal.

I am getting a new HW100KT in .177 for HFT after I return from Canada but that’s just because I like smaller carbine rifles buddy and for no other reason.

Which ever one you get you will be over the moon.

ATB

Si

I bought the HW100K new with sporter stock and couldn't get on with it, so when i saw a nearly new thumb hole stock for sale on here I thought I'd give it a try.

I have to say the gun for me feels much more balanced and easy to aim, I think it suits the weight of the gun better.

I still prefer the look of the sporter stock but that comes second to how much better the gun feels to me

hi mate, i've got si(zini)'s old HW100KT and its a dream to shoot, cant recommend it enough, well balanced, accurate as you like and definitely good for shooting all quarry with.

all the best, wurz

For all round hunting (hide / out of a vehicle / stalking etc) the Karbine wont be beaten , if HFT or FT then maybe the full rifle in new bull barrel because more shot count with the longer rifle, but these guns are as good as it gets , when you think Daystate are charging double for an airwolf that may have more bells and whistles , but it wont out handle or out shoot a 100 in any guise on par maybe but it aint gonna out shoot it.

well everybody thanks for your comments ive been out today and bought the hw100 karbine and scope which is a hawk 4-16x50aoir ive got in .177 which i would normally go for a .22 but theres no harm in trying something else cant wait to get out and give some maggies a pounding :boogie:

well everybody thanks for your comments ive been out today and bought the hw100 karbine and scope which is a hawk 4-16x50aoir ive got in .177 which i would normally go for a .22 but theres no harm in trying something else cant wait to get out and give some maggies a pounding :boogie:

Did you go for the sporter or thumbhole stock mate?

It depends on your own skill level as a shooter mate really :thumbs: .

What range can you personally group 5 shots in a area 1 inch or below buddy?

That would be your max range and the range that you should not try to kill anything live past mate to be fair to your quarry :yes: .

The rifle though if matched with a good pellet and one that the barrel likes (AA Fields) will be accurate at silly distances :notworthy: .

We were hitting 75 metre 1 inch spinners 3 weeks ago with pretty much ease in a slight breeze at Andy's house with Andy and Davy with my .177 HW100T that Davy as now bought off me :whistling: .

Looking on ChairGun the rifle is capable of killing a rabbit humanely if put in the kill zone out to 110 metres still leaving 4.229 foot pounds of energy which is plenty if put in the KZ to kill a bunny.

Obviously you will not try and use it that far to kill with but in theory the rifle could achieve that.

Me personally I would be happy to use it to around 50 metres and be within a inch in calm conditions if the target was lased using my GunTuff LRF.

Others on here that are better shots than me could probably stretch that by 5 to 10 more metres and still be within a inch. The rifles are that accurate in the right hands.

Terry Doe a ex FT shooter gets 40 yard 1 hole groups (pellet on pellet) with ease and without not really trying

On a day with a bit if a wind though a would probably stick to 40 metres at the very max mate to be fair to the quarry :yes: .

On a day with a stronger wind I would stick to 30 metres max :yes: .

Like I said though it's all down to you as a shooter pal.

Kind regards

Si.

Edited by zini