rabbit as food

You need to figure out how much your ferrets eat and cut the rabbit into that sized portions and freeze the rest .For one ferret i cut the legs off then the ribs and the saddle and with the head you have seven portions enough for a week :thumbs:

For the rest i put in a rabbit a night and its gone by the morning ,in this weather its okay for a bit but in the summer meat goes off in hours

i put in a whole rabbit around 9.30am between 4 jills then remove whats left wich isnt alot the following morning,but as the warmer weather gets here i tend to mince the meat as they eat it quicker to save the flys getting at it and it going off.others may do it differently but this is what suits me atb mart

I'm sure to get some stick, but a whole fresh rabbit will be ok for a couple of days easy during the winter. SUmmer obviously not, but a gutted rabbit in winter wont go off in three days. I'd chuck it on the third tho (if it wasnt all eaten). This aint winter now tho.

to late now mate,ive binned that one to be safe and gutted/skined the other.ive fed them the insides and gave them a leg each.sneaked the rest to the back of the freezer :whistling: thanks for the help

Aye just now with it hitting zero at night up could get three days out a rabbit ,the ferrets are no long in telling you mine put the remains in the sh*t corner and start covering it with shavings if they have had enough

I'm sure to get some stick, but a whole fresh rabbit will be ok for a couple of days easy during the winter. SUmmer obviously not, but a gutted rabbit in winter wont go off in three days. I'd chuck it on the third tho (if it wasnt all eaten). This aint winter now tho.

you'll get no stick off me mate, i do the same with mine :good:

better chopping the rabbits in half, 1/2 rabbit does 2 ferrets for about 3 days, sumtimes just give them the heads if the bodies are getting boiled for the dogs or are for human consumption, 1 head per ferret per day, gives them a bit of intrest aswell stripping the meat ;)

better chopping the rabbits in half, 1/2 rabbit does 2 ferrets for about 3 days, sumtimes just give them the heads if the bodies are getting boiled for the dogs or are for human consumption, 1 head per ferret per day, gives them a bit of intrest aswell stripping the meat ;)

have two ferrets per rabbit two to three days then cat food then rabbit or liver liver from rabbits in freezer have four ferrets

Theres usually six ferrets in together so a whole rabbit gets munched fairly quick.

you'll get no stick off me mate, i do the same with mine :good:

Likewise, that's how I do it in winter also. In summer the rabbits get chopped into quarters and fed out that way.