Hi Folks

Has any body had any experience of the eye bell on these scopes coming loose and rotating? It dosn't affect the accuracy of the scope but the Ir dorsnt work, tried three new batteries. Also its never been dropped or knocked at al.

Any ideas how to fix it?

It does say on the box that there is a limited life time warranty, would this be covered?

Cheers in advance.

Ryan

Yes this would be covered, the eyebell should not rotate and the Illuminated Reticule (see I know what IR means) should light up, as you have proven this is not a battery problem, so take it back to the person that sold it to you as there is a definate manufacturers problem with this scope!

What Moley said.

How long have you had the scope? And do you have your proof of purchase and the warranty documentation? If they get pushy with it, it's always useful to have the documentation. I don't know what Hawke are like for customer service, whether they're or good, or if you'll have to fight them for it.

If you've had the scope for a while, then you'll probably need to approach Hawke directly, as they have offered the extended warranty, not the shop you bought it from. Worth talking to the shop first though, they might sort it as a good will gesture.

Well I have had it for a while (3 years ish).

Unfortunatley I dont have the original proof of purchase. I have e-mailed Hawke (well Deben) and are waiting on a response.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will keep you posted as to how good there customer services are when I hear back from them!

Ryan

EDITED TO SAY Bought online through uttings

Edited by R4881T

It's just I've seen a good few posts on here over the time I've been on about problems with Hawke scopes on springers :hmm: and the ret in my mate Simon's came lose a little while ago too. Maybe just unlucky but I can't remember seeing these problems hardly coming up at all with Leapers, Simmons or Bushnell for example....

have the same problem with my night eye 6.5-20-50, it was like this when i got it with a rifle second hand, to be honest was peed about it at first, but have just left it and cant say that it bothers me not having ir any more.

would be intrested to no if anyone no's away to fix it though,diy, as myn wont be going back as i cant be bothered with the hastle.

Andy

It's just I've seen a good few posts on here over the time I've been on about problems with Hawke scopes on springers :hmm: and the ret in my mate Simon's came lose a little while ago too. Maybe just unlucky but I can't remember seeing these problems hardly coming up at all with Leapers, Simmons or Bushnell for example....

Seems there are Hawke scopes and, there are HAWKE scopes. I had a lovely little Hawke Eclipse 4-12X40 but my Weihrauch HW80's recoil very soon knocked the reticle into an X ! The MAP PRO SR6 and SR12 reticle scopes seem to be made of tougher stuff though.

Simon

Well good and bad news! Bad news: my scope is going to scope heaven as it's shafted. Good news, even without the proof of purchase, hawke are sending me an equivalent sport hd model. So thumbs up from me to Hawkes after sales team!

Cheers

Ryan