Wanted: Cornwall

my landlord is turfing me out of my place in may (jammy b*****d is marrying a brazilian millionairess, and moving over there with her... alright for some!!!).

anyways, this leaves me in a bit of a pickle, i.e. homeless. so, i figured, by then i'll be 24, and i've not moved more than 20 miles from where i was born... time to get out of the county for a while! if i don't do it now, probably never will.

so, here's my plan (and you can all tell me i'm mad if you like!). get a van, go to Cornwall. can't get much further away! end of may, through to late september/early october, i plan to head on down. so, i need a bit of help.

if anyone knows of a little bit of land going for rent, up to an acre, withing 10 miles of newquay, available for the aforementioned months, please let me know. i don't want to do the caravan/campsite thing, i'd probably get chucked off in a week anyway, as i don't think many of them would be too chuffed with the dog & cat (or me!). i'm not much of a party animal these days, so i don't want to be too close to newquay, and i like my own space! i just need somwhere i can leave the caravan & the cat while i'm out during the day, and somewhere the dog can get a bit of exercise without too much risk of vanishing off into the distance.

if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!

Guest markbrick1

cornwall is the place mate scotland is full of them scots and we all watched braveheart i will keep my ear to the ground but its a good life down here and since iam from chorley i can say north is shit

cornwall is the place mate scotland is full of them scots and we all watched braveheart i will keep my ear to the ground but its a good life down here and since iam from chorley i can say north is shit

If thats chorley lancs, you should show just a tad more respect, I'm From Chorley. I also moved away, Yet the people are the salt of the earth :yes:

certainly plenty of casual work down here as long as you dont mind competing against the easterns. cornish guardian order it through your local wh smith whatever, thats your place to look seeing as your search is place specific. :thumbs-up:

cheers for the tips! i'll have to try to get the cornish Ad Trader, dunno if it's as popular there as here (ours is regularly half-inch thick), but it's always worth a look.

There is an add trader down here, but as mole trapper said, Cornish Gaurdian is definately your best bet. Farm work is also quite a good oportunity down here -farmers often willing to put your caravan on their ground, but beware they will get their moneys worth!! :cry: Maybe try one of the farming, milking agencies?

Itsmymarket.com is a site that has just started up around our area, it also covers other parts of the UK, might be worth a glance 08457433343 should get you through to the car adds dept of CG but they should be able to transfer you through and order copies to be posted to you. (Did have the whole paper but Husband used it to light fire earlier :laugh: ) (also try thisiscornwall.co.uk)

Its hard graft, as a qualified secretary I earn more as a relief milker :no: Dont tell everyone, but its worth it! Just come back from a day in Bristol - Yuk, couldnt wait to get out - They say the cornish cant drive :blink: But bristol was really scarry!! :laugh:

Anyway best of luck

Guest markbrick1

If thats chorley lancs, you should show just a tad more respect, I'm From Chorley. I also moved away, Yet the people are the salt of the earth :yes:

yes mate went to southlands born in whittle i didnt call the people just the place cornwall would be even better if all the lancashire people came here and the cornish went there dont think i should of said that :censored: