Maybe to much for a newbie

Joe67

Ive been searching about for ferreting gear and maybe 1-2 ferrets.

Ive been speaking to someone who has offered me a hutch,carrying box(holds 3 ferrets),30 nets and 2 polecats(18 month old) 1 jill(7 month old) the owner says they are tame and good workers,all that for for £35,i was seriously considering this but found out none of them have been neutered,and from seeing posts on here i know the jill will be in season soon if she isnt already,so theres a good chance ill end up with more than three ferrets if the jill can go into season at 7 month?

So what do yous think,pass on this offer because its to much for someone just starting out,or give them a home and maybe some of you would take kits if the jill ends up...Id also be willing to give hunting life members 1-2 of these ferrets were it be a polecat or the jill

Edited by Joe67

Ive been searching about for ferreting gear and maybe 1-2 ferrets.

Ive been speaking to someone who has offered me a hutch,carrying box(holds 3 ferrets),30 nets and 2 polecats(18 month old) 1 jill(7 month old) the owner says they are tame and good workers,all that for for £35,i was seriously considering this but found out none of them have been neutered,and from seeing posts on here i know the jill will be in season soon if she isnt already,so theres a good chance ill end up with more than three ferrets is the jill can go into season at 7 month?

So what do yous think,pass on this offer because its to much for someone just starting out,or give them a home and maybe some of you would take kits if the jill ends up...Id also be willing to give hunting life members 1-2 of these ferrets were it be a polecat or the jill

you can pay more than that for 30 nets alone mate. i think id take it and then build a seperate hutch for the jill or divide the hutch so she has a seperate part for herself.good luck with whotever you decide to do,mart

Id bite the guys hand off mate only thing that would put me off is there poleys but for that money i could work round that :laugh:.Look at borrowing a snipped hob or the jill jab for them till you gain a bit more experience

I prefer albinos ,silvers and bew's i can see them where i work them and the differnce in colour with differnt tape on the collars i know whos following the rabbits out and whos no showed so i know roughly whats happening without walking over the burrows .We where out yesterday with doggers polecats and they where just sitting in the cover in a hole and there heads showing and i couldnt see them