Clulite midi review* Quick update*

Well i bit the bullet and retired my logun 6v gun lamp and its battery pack, i was just getting miffed off with having to lug a battery around for a relativley short burn time :( so a trip to wighill park guns saw me come away with one of these.... post-47807-0-53568900-1298882820_thumb.jpghttp://www.cluson.co.uk/productsMain.aspx?CI_ID=358

now i was sceptical about the weight,burn time,price and just about everything,but one look at it in the evening dispelled most of those, after a night out ratting the burn time claims were tested and i can tell you this little lamp is truly amazing,the burn time is about 6hrs constant,its light (you wont even feel it on your rifle) the battery pack mounts to your stock with an elasticated strap and the quick mount clamp holds the lamp securley on top of your scope,it produces a small circle out to about 100yds without a filter but i would recomend one as its a tad too bright without. The only niggle i have with it is it claims to have 2 brightness settings but you cannot tell them apart at airgun ranges but thats just me being fussy ;) hope i havnt bored you too much..... just got back from the shooting show at the weekend and it was there i purchased the red filter for this lamp, after being asked to look after my gf's sisters horses last night we decided to have a spot of ratting, unfortunatley it seems we have shot all the rats around the stables as there dont seem to be many signs of any activity at all :( but i did get the chance to test the lamp with the red filter, first thing that stuck out is the robust build quality of the filter it appears to made of a thick plastic if not glass,in daylight it has a mirror effect but as soon as light shows through it's as red as you can get in fact i would personally say its a little too red hence making the lamp only really usefull to airgunners as the beam is reduced in its visability to around 45 to 50 yrds but still a very tight beam. All in all its a cheap alternative and a very light weight one to a deben tracer as that's what it seems to be competing with pricewise and beats most torches hands down for weight and ease of use thanks to the supplied mountings :thumbs:

Edited by garfield