best way to start lurcher hunting feathered game???

Why not?

buy a bird table, used to find gummed sparrows in my back garden which tilly had caught when she was a pup along with a fledgling crow she came back with in a grave yard which she had just killed.

although this is true it wasnt intentional lmao...why would you want to do feathered game with a lurcher? :blink:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OPEN,next doors ,poultry coop then stand back and observe.

Dun Dun Dun The plot thickens. . . . .

He said it in his opening post Should have been booted off imediately.   Its as if he is one here to give with one hand and take with the other. Fecking Judas.   FTB

Why not?

buy a bird table, used to find gummed sparrows in my back garden which tilly had caught when she was a pup along with a fledgling crow she came back with in a grave yard which she had just killed.

although this is true it wasnt intentional lmao...why would you want to do feathered game with a lurcher? :blink:

in other words you have no valid reason :icon_eek:

Why not?

food

Why not?

food

Al remember and write this on the next shooting hares thread, cheers mate...... :whistling:

wait a second, is this a common thing to do? I've never ever heard of anyone wanting to do this before...do you mean picking up for you when shooting or do you mean like actually trying to catch a pheasent/pigeon or whatever with the lurcher?

And there is reasons for shooting hares, had to do it on my last job as there were litrally like 12 just sitting out happy as larry in the middle of the field and they were causing havock with the tatties

because a decent dog will take all game for you,fur and feather,nice to have a bit of variety in the freezer i would say wouldnt you,cant beat the feeling of watching a lurcher retrieve a pheasant after a spectacular mid air strike ,in answer to the question iv never really had to try and get them to retrieve feather curiosity and instinct i find is enough for a pup to get them going

catcher 1 ,bang on mate works for me :thumbs:

wait a second, is this a common thing to do? I've never ever heard of anyone wanting to do this before...do you mean picking up for you when shooting or do you mean like actually trying to catch a pheasent/pigeon or whatever with the lurcher?

And there is reasons for shooting hares, had to do it on my last job as there were litrally like 12 just sitting out happy as larry in the middle of the field and they were causing havock with the tatties

Picking up magpie/woodpigeon/crow.As they are shot.By five month retriving cold drop at two to four 100 yards.:thumbs:

because a decent dog will take all game for you,fur and feather,nice to have a bit of variety in the freezer i would say wouldnt you,cant beat the feeling of watching a lurcher retrieve a pheasant after a spectacular mid air strike ,in answer to the question iv never really had to try and get them to retrieve feather curiosity and instinct i find is enough for a pup to get them going

catcher 1 ,bang on mate works for me :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Had young lurchers retrieving shot wodpigeon at 15 weeks old.:thumbs: Bring thems on a treat :thumbs:

Worst bird to start them on Catcher....too many feathers that fall out to easy.

Had young lurchers retrieving shot wodpigeon at 15 weeks old.:thumbs: Bring thems on a treat :thumbs:

that is good,think if they was going to have a problem it would be with pigeons as you know they dont usualy like a mouth full of loose feathers,even some gun dog owners have trouble with these,iv heard of then tying wings to stuffed socks to get them going :thumbs:

iv decided..............................yep you really are a dummy bird that should stick to stripping off for the lads,before you ask no i aint got no problem with you and will not get drawn into a conversation about it either, just saying it how i see it simples

excuse me but just because i have never heard of a lurcher being used for retrieving game it makes me a idiot? Have you ever thought we may not do it in my area/group of friends...highley in appropriate comment and very much un-called for, i asked a gunine question...and anyone who has been out with my lamping/met me know that i know the crack.

And for your information i very very rarley do lads mags (entered that competition for a laugh). I am A art nude model and most of my work is sold privatly

Worst bird to start them on Catcher....too many feathers that fall out to easy.

not so sure,they retrieve them they will retrieve anything,nothing like a flapper to get the dog interested