fac referees

cheers for that i thought they might of had to had good standing like solicitor, lawyer etc

thanks for clearing it up :)

Strange as it may seem but those occupations you mention are ideal referees for a shotgun license. It's easier to find folk to put on your FAC application form as referees.

For the FAC, they're looking for people who actually know you, your best mate down the pub is actually a better referee than your doctor, unless they're the same bloke of course!

For SGC, it has to be "a person of professional standing, such as a doctor, solicitor, teacher or person of similar standing."

The only people who can't sign are serving police officers (retired officers are fine though), immediate family, and RFD's unless they are signing as an officer of a shooting club.

Of course it's not a good idea to get your mate, who has umpteen convictions for dishonesty type offences or violence, to sign for you, and if you do you're likely to get your forms returned for "a more suitable referee".

For the FAC, they're looking for people who actually know you, your best mate down the pub is actually a better referee than your doctor, unless they're the same bloke of course!

For SGC, it has to be "a person of professional standing, such as a doctor, solicitor, teacher or person of similar standing."

The only people who can't sign are serving police officers (retired officers are fine though), immediate family, and RFD's unless they are signing as an officer of a shooting club.

Of course it's not a good idea to get your mate, who has umpteen convictions for dishonesty type offences or violence, to sign for you, and if you do you're likely to get your forms returned for "a more suitable referee".

i had the landlord of my local pub do my shotgun lisence as he knows me better and sees me more than anyone,even the wife :icon_redface:

these shotgun forms are old dont forget. well they say someone like a solicitor, lawyer,doctor teacher etc.

it can be anyone of good standing really. it doesnt have to be the above. after all not everyone has friends of the above people who know them on a personal level.

ive signed a mates firearms and shotgun forms. and im not a doctor etc..

imo if your good enough to get a fac and have the back ground checks etc.... then signing someone else's forms should be a sure thing