fox bites

just wondering how many ov u lads on ere have been bitten, i'll start i was bitten last week by a charlie dog, i was also bitten start ov the season by a charlie n it took me nail right off both times not a funny experiance, :blink: so just wondering whoes been bitten :thumbs:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

only get bit as im right in the action no chance you getting bit only by ya keyboard

First fox my terrier bolted bit my mate i was out with.   He grabbed it in the net whislt i untangled it. Dog fox was getting a bit pisssy so he tried to get it to bite on a stick whilst i got the g

3 times through the years, by fox not yet badger. With badgers I'm a bit more careful. I handle a lot of foxes above and in the ground and badgers too. Before I got bitten I handled a lot, in betwee

3 times through the years, by fox not yet badger. With badgers I'm a bit more careful.

I handle a lot of foxes above and in the ground and badgers too.

Before I got bitten I handled a lot, in between more, and after, another 50.

Part of the game.

All three times I was bitten full in the hand,the fangs going in entirely, and 2 times he wouldn't let go and a break stick was necessary.

If I could chose, I'd rather not go to the dentist...

• Like 1

First fox my terrier bolted bit my mate i was out with.

He grabbed it in the net whislt i untangled it. Dog fox was getting a bit pisssy so he tried to get it to bite on a stick whilst i got the gun ready for despatch and it chomped up the stick like a crodile in a cartoon and latched hold of his thumb. I have never heard such noises come from a big bloke. It wa very funny at the time, for the rest of the day and still funny now. Although im certain it wouldnt had been funny had it have chomped onto my thumb :icon_eek:

• Like 2

He grabbed it in the net whislt i untangled it. Dog fox was getting a bit pisssy so he tried to get it to bite on a stick whilst i got the gun ready for despatch and it chomped up the stick like a crodile in a cartoon and latched hold of his thumb. I have never heard such noises come from a big bloke. It wa very funny at the time, for the rest of the day and still funny now. Although im certain it wouldnt had been funny had it have chomped onto my thumb :icon_eek:

yes mate its very painfull i had2 prize its mouth open 2 get it off i wouldnt like 2 be a terrier anywez lol :thumbs:

yes mate its very painfull i had2 prize its mouth open 2 get it off i wouldnt like 2 be a terrier anywez lol :thumbs:

Just goes to show how much respect a working terrier deserves. I would cry like a baby for a week if as much as a rat nipped on the nose, never mind a fox!

Its all part of the job i suppose though

Edited by OldNog

bitten twice...

vixen locked on my finger :cry: ,keepers were wetting their undies,a month later,obviously more carefull :D

dog locked onto my big toe :doh::cry: ..

been scratch a few times too :cry:

edited to add,was face to face with a right sour vixen monday :icon_eek::victory: ,very close

Edited by "Earth!"

I must admit none of the 3 times the fox had me, I squealed, although I am a woman. 2 times I was alone catching it for myself and with only the dogs and there was no use in making noise. The last time was on a pig drive hunt, I had my mate out there, who pointed the fox in the first place with his dog on top, I had stabbed the fox through the heart in a wood pile since my dog had retrieved it into my reach; 2 dogs were on it then, and I thought it was dead, still it bit me, and I said, auch, would you break the fox off me, (because the dead fox was still attached to my hand and 2 or 3 dogs were ragging and shaking the carcass in the opposite direction, and that hurt) but still, some things in life are more embarrassing and painful, or I have the same adrenalin as my dogs in action.

I still prefer being bitten by a fox, rather than going to the dentist.