WHICH EUROPEAN BODY WOULD YOU SCRAP?

The European Court of Human Rights was set up in 1948, before the Common Market, let alone the EU, existed, by a guy called Winston Churchill. The European Convention on Human Rights, which was drafted by British lawyers, and signed by the Attlee government in 1950, has no connection with the EU.

Just so you know.

THE TREATY NOW IN USE IS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE DRAFTED IN 1948 ,

THE EUROPEN CONVETION ON HUMAN RIGHTS HAS BEEN CHANGED MORE TIME THAN JORDAN TITS

THE EUROPEAN UNION IS NOT THE COMMON MARKET WE HELD A REFORENDUM ON IN THE 70'S

ALL COUNTRYS UNDER THE EU FLAG USE THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS IT IS ONE OF THE RULES OF ENTRY

Yep spot on anyone who wants nasal congested milliband and his mob ruling this country again should have a long think about what type of crap they have got us into in the last 10 years. :no:

• Like 1

The EU Convention on Human Rights, although I'm half expecting it to be a trick answer like on QI..:hmm::D

Malt, you're not wrong. There's a sting in the tail.

Pee Coil, you're cheating. I said "assuming we stay in"

I await a few more replies . . . .

The European Court of Human Rights was set up in 1948, before the Common Market, let alone the EU, existed, by a guy called Winston Churchill. The European Convention on Human Rights, which was drafted by British lawyers, and signed by the Attlee government in 1950, has no connection with the EU.

Just so you know.

OK Ric, I'll reword my original post: :whistling:

I think we should get out of the 'Charter of fundamental rights of the European Union.' Proposed in 2000, ratified by the Lisbon treaty in '09. :thumbs: