Deben filter

Hi lads,the rabbits my way are starting to turn a tad lamp shy so it was time for a red filter but i really didnt want to spend about £15 posted on one as im a bit skint ,so i decided to make one.

Heres some pics ,it certainly isnt pretty but it works just as good as any red filter ive ever used :thumbs:

First i made a template around 2mm bigger than the lamp so i could fold it over as to not let light excape.

jpg-22.jpg

then i drew it on the red filter stuff :L i also made 4 tabs on there so i could fix it to the lamp better.

jpg-23.jpg

then i taped it on lol

jpg-24.jpg

it is surprisingly bright and ideal with the dimmer switch,hopefully give it a go tonight :thumbs:

ATB

Brad.

I too am up for making home made stuff, I used a green filter from an unknown source, and cut it down to fit my nightsearcher, works great, green is the best colour for us humans to focus our eyes on at night, and the normal lamp shy rabbits did'nt start running when the lamp was on them :thumbs:

however, leaving the lamp switched on, for too long a perion, saw the green filter melt :thumbdown:

back to the drawing board :hmm:

hi steve mate thank you very much,will be sure to let u no when it arrives.

hi gav,i only went out for 20 mins on one of my field mate i saw about 3-4 bugs but couldnt get a decent shot on any of them :/ need a bi pod me thinks lol

ill let u no if im planning on going out anytime soon :thumbs:

Brad.

I too am up for making home made stuff, I used a green filter from an unknown source, and cut it down to fit my nightsearcher, works great, green is the best colour for us humans to focus our eyes on at night, and the normal lamp shy rabbits did'nt start running when the lamp was on them :thumbs:

however, leaving the lamp switched on, for too long a perion, saw the green filter melt :thumbdown:

back to the drawing board :hmm:

for your green filter mate im only going to say a cheap green bottle of cider , is the perfect thickness and will not melt .

not the glass one lol

hi steve mate thank you very much,will be sure to let u no when it arrives.

hi gav,i only went out for 20 mins on one of my field mate i saw about 3-4 bugs but couldnt get a decent shot on any of them :/ need a bi pod me thinks lol

ill let u no if im planning on going out anytime soon :thumbs:

Brad.

ok cheers mate. let us know how you get on with the new filter anyway.