A QUICK VALENTINES HOUR

millsy44

Hello boys, been sat in bored all day relaxing before im back at work tomorrow after 12 days off :no: and about an hour ago i started itching to shoot!! Blood thirst if you will :thumbs: Qucik phone call to my mate who works security on a small caravan site a few miles from my house and the S10 is on its way down stairs and into the car. I get there in super fast time and join my pal for a cuppa and the usual drive/walk around the few acres, Straight away i see bunnies, theres alot out feeding tonight :thumbs: First opportunity is a nice 27 yarder, safety off and a 16.4 grain AA diablo has its wings...........Thwack!! GOD you cant beat that sound of a clinical head shot, one bunny in the bag and ive not been here 2 minutes :thumbs: Theres bunnies every where and i soon get my next chance, roughly 30 yards (worked out in my range finder/brain, ive got pretty accurate at my range work and i usually get it right, give or take a yard or two) For this one im going prone, Which was a mistake as im now laid in a nice fresh pile of rabbit s**t :icon_redface::cry: The damage has been done lol So i continue with the shot, Breath in........Breath out ......and squeeze............THWACK two bunnies in the bag, paced out at 32 yards. :D With a freezer already bursting with bunnies i call it a night, even though ive literally been out of the house 40 minutes, but with this only being 5 acres i dont want to take more than i need, plus nobody is complaining about the rabbits, if it had been one of my farms and the farmer wanted them wiping out i could of taken 10/15 i reckon, any ways a few photos for the good lads of THL abit of gutting and skinning and im on my way home in less than an hour of leaving it, enjoy the read and photos boys :thumbs:

010-7.jpg?t=1297719315

007-11.jpg?t=1297719315

006-11.jpg?t=1297719315

005-12.jpg?t=1297719315

009-8.jpg?t=1297719315

Lovely shot placement i think you'll agree?? :toast:

Hi Millsy.

Nice trip out mate, and good write up.

The shot placment wasnt to bad, but I think Adam will be nearer the mark with his new Viper :tongue2::laugh::laugh:

Nice shooting mate.

ATB.

Bill.

Surely you cant get better than perfect............?? :tongue2: haha the second bunny did take the pellet through the back of his eye, so i suppose that one could of been better by about 3 milimeters at the most haha first bunny was an imaculate shot :whistling: lol

A.T.B peter

Edited by millsy44

nice shooting pal whered you get that realtree tape on your gun from bud ?

Ebay mate, some bloke had 8 rolls for sale, i got one of them :thumbs: 12ft long by 2 inches wide, 99p :D i knew i should of bought a few rolls!!! lol , its a cloth tape, like a fabric feel to it, and it stretches aswell, best stuff ive seen, ive contacted the seller and he said it was just a one off sale :doh:

nice shooting pal whered you get that realtree tape on your gun from bud ?

Aye I was actually going to ask the same question. Where's the tape from?

Oops. Too late already a reply from you there :p Sorry :)

Edited by Teer

great shooting and great read as usual :yes: also sounds like a nice little bit of permission :thumbs:

Cheers mate :thumbs: its an ideal bit of land bud, 3 miles from my front door, its crawling with rabbits, but i never take more than i need, itd be easy to wipe them out, i use it as a blood thirst quencher lol

awwwhhhh always the case thanks for your help anyway mate :) ill keep looking ;) rifle looks tip top ;)

I was kicking myself for not buying all 8 rolls, ive looked since and its all going for £8 a roll :thumbdown: Cheers mate, the rifle was a mess when i got it, fully stripped it and sanded it then re oiled the stock with caseys tru oil, and gave it a right good clean, i only put the tape on a few weeks ago, i think it looks nice aswell mate :thumbs: