Ferrets Found, Polecat Hobs.

Neighbour trapped two ferrets in his chicken shed and I ended up with them at the weekend. They're pretty wild, although I have picked them both up (had to to get them out of trap) and stroked them a bit (to see their condition and any injuries). In the trap cage they were petrified and limp, as soon as I set them in my pen (not with any other ferrets) they shot off to the darkest recesses and I've mostly left them to it. They both now hide, hiss and have tried to bite me and ended up with a mouthful of jumper!

Anyone lost them? Or want them?

I'll prob not be able to get my camera sorted and get photos till begining of next week.

Ferretertom: They are very 'mussely' to touch. I was suprised as previous strays that I've ended up with have been really thin.

Will post photos when I can.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had these two ferrets for a few weeks now.

They don't bite anymore, and i can pick them up, but I wouldn't trust them enough to stick my hand down a rabbit hole after them!

I have photos, but turns out I don't know how to get them off my camera phone onto the PC.

I think they've come too tame to be wild polecats. Saying that, they're still terrified every time I open they're hutch. They either run into the pipe and refuse to come out or just lie totally still in their bed, apparantly petrified. I've had them in the court a few times, and after a while they do move about, but if I put a pipe or box in there, they shoot in and won't come out for anything. On the plus side, they don't hiss at me anymore...

Any suggestions?