Collie lurcher...moan

I Just wondering how much collie you like in your lurcher?

I mainly mouch about after rabbits and use a border/grey half cross, but i must say my current bitch who is now nearly nine has not had the drive to hunt that my old pure border collie bitch had. I have found her to also be a bit inconsistant, one minute amazing me and the next been just as happy to carry a stick as hunt. I was a bit let down to be honest, but i do stick with my dogs as they are also family pets. If she'd had the hunting instinct of my pure collie i would have been laughing. I think next time i will opt for less collie(for more acceleration) in the make up but more importantly find somebody who breeds for the right reasons. I know alot of people say its in how you bring them up, but i have found the hard way and it definately helps if there also bred from proven dogs.

I like a out cross on collie x just to put a bit of fire back in there belly,even on rabbits i like them to try a bit more,whippetx's tend to be ideal to put to colliegreyhounds for rabbits,thats what ive found :thumbs: tend to hunt better too on rabbits.

Thats the reason i like them with a bit of beddy in the mix as well.

oh yes the old type beddy was just a leggy fell or lakeland nuts mute nd a great nose,hard to come by now :thumbs:

Just a quarter in one of the breeding [bANNED TEXT] a lurcher is bred to another lurcher saying that i have seen some very good lurchers bred out of collie/grey bitches put back to other crosses and the best collie crosses i have seen were the result of a f1x put back over a 3 quarter grey/collie.

spot on Dell, lurcher to lurcher if you want to take all quarry :thumbs: . But i will say this, regards rabbits day+night i dont think you will beat a 1x colliegrey . Bryn my 1x colliegrey, is fast+agile and as got me loads of rabbits , he is 4 in sep and still as keen now as he was when he was 12months old. :thumbs: As i say if you wanted more than rabbits, you would do better a 1x collie grey x saluki grey or maybe 1xcollie grey x bull grey, a bit more scope to work with. But i have had some geat nights with Bryn a very good pot filler :thumbs:

P1010111.jpg

P1010089.jpg

bq.jpg

20102-1.jpg

b2-1.jpg

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

NEVER TYRE SEE PICS OF THE RED DOG.

IF DOING COLLIE XS AGAIN A Q1/4S WHAT ID WANT :thumbs: