first time out.!!

lugsy

hello folks, just wanted to share my views on falconry . my good friend took me out on friday after work with hes harris hawk, (female) and what an experience.!!

ive never been out with the birds before so i was very excited at the prospect of seeing this beautiful hawk working, i took my ferret,and thats it. no other equipment,!

we had a brilliant evening aswell, she missed 2 hares and a rabbit, and she got a cock phesant that took flight through some woods, absolutely amazing to watch .

i will definately be doing more research into owning a bird of prey now. moulting, weights and feeding patterns, because these animals take a lot of looking after.!!

so thankyou tommy for taking me out and showing me a wonderful way of hunting.:signthankspin::signthankspin:

all the best and happy hunting, lugsy :cheers:

• Like 1

pheasants been out of season doesnt your mate know that ?

So what gee fooking wizz accidents do happen you know ,the lad is over the moon with his day out and you spout that to knock him down,

Good going Lugsy and its good see you enjoyed it so much, i see you maybe owning a hawk next year now the bug has taken hold, ;) .

hello folks, just wanted to share my views on falconry . my good friend took me out on friday after work with hes harris hawk, (female) and what an experience.!!

ive never been out with the birds before so i was very excited at the prospect of seeing this beautiful hawk working, i took my ferret,and thats it. no other equipment,!

we had a brilliant evening aswell, she missed 2 hares and a rabbit, and she got a cock phesant that took flight through some woods, absolutely amazing to watch .

i will definately be doing more research into owning a bird of prey now. moulting, weights and feeding patterns, because these animals take a lot of looking after.!!

so thankyou tommy for taking me out and showing me a wonderful way of hunting.:signthankspin::signthankspin:

thats why falconers fly birds. When on weight they are awsome to watch. Good to hear that you were blown away by the experiance. Its also good to hear that you appreciate the amount of work that goes into getting the birds ready for a day like this. Too many only see the end result and rush out and get a bird and are totally unprepared for the work that goes into them.

quality mate, i went out with my mate a good few years ago only went once and i got a harris about 7 months later ive got a new one ordered for about june time cant wait to get back into it.

glad u enjoyed yaself mate

Edited by tommytli

and that will be the down fall to falconry people getting caught hunting game out of season yeah the lads over the moon as its his first day out and im glad he had a good day but posting on a open forum about taking out of season game really isnt a wise option is it

wind ya neck in mate, there was nothing we could do we had a bang on weight harris following on when a cock pheasent got up in front of us, if you have trained your bop so you can call it off im more than willing to come for a lesson on how to train mine to do the same.

Edited by tommytli
  • 3 weeks later...

and that will be the down fall to falconry people getting caught hunting game out of season yeah the lads over the moon as its his first day out and im glad he had a good day but posting on a open forum about taking out of season game really isnt a wise option is it

wind ya neck in mate, there was nothing we could do we had a bang on weight harris following on when a cock pheasent got up in front of us, if you have trained your bop so you can call it off im more than willing to come for a lesson on how to train mine to do the same.

here here, !!! :notworthy:

i know accidents happen and they have happened to me but all im saying is people need to think before they post on a forum about take out of season game

f**k me they arnt realy going to raid his house looking for phesant feathers,theres a lot worse spoke about on this site,always someone like you waiting to pull lad down when he enjoyed himself,

nice one mate,can remember my first day out with harrishawks when i was about 7 or maybe 8,went on to own all types of different birds including harris hawks etc and all grate fun but in the end they just took up too much time,but i will be having another when i get settled with some more space and a bit more time.

Spot on Mick, How's them Pups doing?

ive been in this sport over 25 years and god knows how mant time a red tail gos or harris has taking birds out of season ,thats why there called hunting birds thats what they do,you cant get prosecuted for a fault of the bird not you ,glad you enjoyed it mate,and what about all the people that fly there birds through the molt do they blinker there birds course not accidents happen

• Like 2