Pike at Night

Pike at night.

I have my own thoughts on this one, but I am wondering if any of you guy fish for Pike during the night.

And if so what tactics you use. I have some photos of large Pike caught after dark, will post when I get time.

JR

I was told about the drennan traynor flourecent float, its supposed to be the bizz for night fishing, i was told to smear it with butter before use, is that to help it float or what? any thoughts? :hmm:

Reynardhunter

Yes I use that method, blue band I find best.

Lads

I have taken loads of Pike at night, all taken on popped up Roach with tons of oil injected, and a betalight attached to the trace. Last fish was just over 22lb and was taken at 1.45pm.

How about lures at night, never tried it, just wondering.

:thumbs-up: i herd fishing for pike at nite is fairly dangorous for the fish, for example if you fell asleep and [bANNED TEXT] had a dead bait on abottom rig on a drop of alarm anf you never herd it and the fish deep hooked itsself then you have a problem on your hand???.....just thought ... but not entirley sure :hmm::icon_eek:

:thumbs-up: i herd fishing for pike at nite is fairly dangorous for the fish, for example if you fell asleep and [bANNED TEXT] had a dead bait on abottom rig on a drop of alarm anf you never herd it and the fish deep hooked itsself then you have a problem on your hand???.....just thought ... but not entirley sure :hmm::icon_eek:

That would apply to both day and night fishing then, it dosent take long for a pike to become deep hooked. I always sit right next to my rods watching the drop off indicators for any hints of action. I guess the problem would be solved by using the electronic drop back indicators i dont think they stop buzzing until you reset them :) Joe

You're right mate they don't stop untill they are reset :victory:

For many years i was "pike mad" and fished one particular water extensively that held a large population of small fish. I night fished a goog few times with my mate, and we each had 2 rods out, but in all those times i only got one fish and that was a small one. I did notice a peak in the takes in the evening though?...