irish hares are strong.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are protected. one of the best things about being irish is that garadas dont even give a fuc k if somethings illegal, as long as your not being a cun t.

AISLING3 , is an evil twisted f****r whos bent hell on casuing trouble take my advice ignore him hes a twit

the hares are run through the coarse before they're run with greyhounds so they're not run on complete unfamiliar ground. theres no prize money in coarsin so you cant just say there in it for the mon

The hares in my area were all but gone due to been hunted with lurchers.Now dont get me wrong im not condeming all lurcher men but,one certain gang kept coming back week in week out until they almost wiped it out.They were'nt slipping 1 or 2 dogs it was 4 and 5 at a time so the hare had'nt much hope.To cut a long story short the local courseing club caught up with them and they hav'nt been back and the hares are starting to make a comeback due to the club releasing hares in the area.I do a good bit of hunting of a different type in the ardee and dromconrath areas and you can see a decline in hare numbers there now compared to say 10 year ago again down to a gang who keep hiting the same area.I have no problem with lads hunting hares but,its these small minority that gives all the coursing lads a bad name.

The hares in my area were all but gone due to been hunted with lurchers.Now dont get me wrong im not condeming all lurcher men but,one certain gang kept coming back week in week out until they almost wiped it out.They were'nt slipping 1 or 2 dogs it was 4 and 5 at a time so the hare had'nt much hope.To cut a long story short the local courseing club caught up with them and they hav'nt been back and the hares are starting to make a comeback due to the club releasing hares in the area.I do a good bit of hunting of a different type in the ardee and dromconrath areas and you can see a decline in hare numbers there now compared to say 10 year ago again down to a gang who keep hiting the same area.I have no problem with lads hunting hares but,its these small minority that gives all the coursing lads a bad name.

l hunt in and around ardee but on permission ardee is hot for coursing and there been few story's off people getting there cars and vans done not by antis but by other people out hunting and coursing men .There is plent hares in and around ardee not as much as years ago but still loads about.

coursing clubs are good for the conservation of hares?

that is a hard one to make an argument for lol :laugh:

yes they do buy and breed hares and release them to there own permission.

alot where hares are scarce.

but then when big events come uo they go in and net the hares and take to to the event.alot of the hares dont make the travel due to stress,some get stressed out on the run or thereafter being kept in a compound or run if if want to call it that.

some of the hares that have been born and grown up on there land are captured and run by 2 muzzled grey,s on a field unknown to the hare.not very sporting imho.as the hare dont know its escape route like it does in the wild.

look at the vids.the 100yard head start(fair law)

as the hare is in unfamiliar ground it doesnt turn the speed on till the grey,s get close.if it was in its natural habitat it would have been gone down a dike,thorugh a ditch at full speed well before the grey got anywhere close.

as you will know irish fields in most there is a ditch not too far away.

the coursing clubs do put more hares in the fields(there fields)but take them out just as easily and for the only reason for doing so is money.

am i anti coursing clubs and there grey,s?

yes i am but they have made me so!!!!

my honest opinion is there not country men!!!i put them in the same bracket as those who put there money on the horses!!!

just a money game!

the hares are run through the coarse before they're run with greyhounds so they're not run on complete unfamiliar ground.

theres no prize money in coarsin so you cant just say there in it for the money or else they wouldn't bother puttin in years of training & conditioning

• Like 1

that gang sounds like travellers lad

A couple of year ago one farmer in the ardee dromconrath area approached a group of lads out hare hunting.He was only goin to tell them to stay out of the land where he had sheep on ready to yain.They were north lads and they turned on him one actualy struck him with a paling post.They just about left him for dead,he needed a blood transfusion to save him.Now im not running down the north people but that was bad form,they also told him they would come back and burn his house and sheds.Its these sort of pricks that will ruin all types of hunting,and id bet any one of that lot on there own if fight was put to them would shit themselves.

• Like 1

A couple of year ago one farmer in the ardee dromconrath area approached a group of lads out hare hunting.He was only goin to tell them to stay out of the land where he had sheep on ready to yain.They were north lads and they turned on him one actualy struck him with a paling post.They just about left him for dead,he needed a blood transfusion to save him.Now im not running down the north people but that was bad form,they also told him they would come back and burn his house and sheds.Its these sort of pricks that will ruin all types of hunting,and id bet any one of that lot on there own if fight was put to them would shit themselves.

I lost my permisson on that ground due to that, they were travelers that done it as i was talking to the farmer after it happened

Alot fellas from north have had hard time by farmers down there getting cars and vans wrecked just because they where on land they where not suppose to be. What l mean by that is parked at there permission and have walked to far by mistake next thing you know there 7 8 farmers with guns and sticks giving you what for been in that situation a few times and when your by your self its not a bit funny.

There always 2 sides every story so would not listen till word off mouth only in what l have seen myself love the way northern lads or travellers always get the blame for anything goes wrong down there when someone is out hunting.

Nothing brought up about 2 farms that where broke into and wrecked by so called hunters from dublin in getting permission and when they want till church 2 houses wrecked and load things took.

AND BY THE WAY WHAT AS A FARMER GETTING HIT AND THE NORTHERN LADS GETTING BLAME HAVE ANYTHING DO WITH HOW STRONG THE IRISH HARE IS f**k ALL YOUR JUST GETTING DIGS IN IN MY EYES :censored: :censored:

Alot fellas from north have had hard time by farmers down there getting cars and vans wrecked just because they where on land they where not suppose to be. What l mean by that is parked at there permission and have walked to far by mistake next thing you know there 7 8 farmers with guns and sticks giving you what for been in that situation a few times and when your by your self its not a bit funny.

There always 2 sides every story so would not listen till word off mouth only in what l have seen myself love the way northern lads or travellers always get the blame for anything goes wrong down there when someone is out hunting.

Nothing brought up about 2 farms that where broke into and wrecked by so called hunters from dublin in getting permission and when they want till church 2 houses wrecked and load things took.

AND BY THE WAY WHAT AS A FARMER GETTING HIT AND THE NORTHERN LADS GETTING BLAME HAVE ANYTHING DO WITH HOW STRONG THE IRISH HARE IS f**k ALL YOUR JUST GETTING DIGS IN IN MY EYES :censored: :censored:

thumbs.gif

Thats an old pic Optimus.

IT CERTAINLY IS D, THE WAY I SEE IT THE BEST WAY TO FORM AN OPINION ON A SUBJECT IS TO EXPERIENCE IT. COUNTRYFILE 2NITE HAS A REPORT ON IRISH HARES & A GOLDEN HARE WITH BLUE EYES NATIVE TO YOUR AREA????. EVERYDAYS A SCHOOLDAY BOLIO MY FRIEND :thumbs:

but then when big events come uo they go in and net the hares and take to to the event.alot of the hares dont make the travel due to stress,some get stressed out on the run or thereafter being kept in a compound or run if if want to call it that.

some of the hares that have been born and grown up on there land are captured and run by 2 muzzled grey,s on a field unknown to the hare.not very sporting imho.as the hare dont know its escape route like it does in the wild.

as the hare is in unfamiliar ground it doesnt turn the speed on till the grey,s get close.if it was in its natural habitat it would have been gone down a dike,thorugh a ditch at full speed well before the grey got anywhere close.

the coursing clubs do put more hares in the fields(there fields)but take them out just as easily and for the only reason for doing so is money.

my honest opinion is there not country men!!!i put them in the same bracket as those who put there money on the horses!!!

just a money game!

Now it's obvious your talking about something you know very little about.

some do run for the sport of the dog against the hare but is a rare thing.

as you said they condition there dogs and the grey,s are at 100% fitness.

they are a sight to see and have incredible speed.

but at a private meet i was at this season there was big money on the dogs running!!!

at the end of the day thats what it is!

a moneys game!!!

if you say different then your just trying to bluff.

as irish lurcher men know the score with these folk!!

hares get lost in transit and thats the norm as iv been to quite a few events this season,

got a intro form a lad i took on a few ferreting trips that has been into coursing all his life.

i gave him the locator on the first day and to say he was afraid to pick up the ferret or that he couldnt locate the ferret is a bit of an understatement.

even though he has been involed in coursing all his life thats all he knew.

proper country pursuits he didnt have a clue!

never been at a dig nor has he been out lamping and only ferreting he seen was with me!!

why do top grey,s fetch a high price?

because there the ones that will make ya the most money end of!!!!!!!

hares are lost in transit and hares are lost in there cages at events.

yes hares are only left to run there course so there know where the safey exit is but its not a totally saftey exit is it and the hares knows it

are you trying to tell me that a wild hare runs the same as one at them big events?

while talking to my local ranger about hawks and then turning it on hares his words hold strong in my mind.

the coursing lads are a law onto themselves and they cant even touch them!

why?

cause there above the law or are high in the gardai force!!

take the ex sergant in ballycotton in co.cork as an example.

well its all down to money when it comes down to it!!

these coursing club guys imho are not country men.

THERE MONEY MEN!!!!!!

they have no respect,infact they have it out for us proper,hunting lurchermen!!

Edited by supersam

just a money game!

Now it's obvious your talking about something you know very little about.

some do run for the sport of the dog against the hare but is a rare thing.

as you said they condition there dogs and the grey,s are at 100% fitness.

they are a sight to see and have incredible speed.

but at a private meet i was at this season there was big money on the dogs running!!!

at the end of the day thats what it is!

a moneys game!!!

if you say different then your just trying to bluff.

as irish lurcher men know the score with these folk!!

hares get lost in transit and thats the norm as iv been to quite a few events this season,

got a intro form a lad i took on a few ferreting trips that has been into coursing all his life.

i gave him the locator on the first day and to say he was afraid to pick up the ferret or that he couldnt locate the ferret is a bit of an understatement.

even though he has been involed in coursing all his life thats all he knew.

proper country pursuits he didnt have a clue!

never been at a dig nor has he been out lamping and only ferreting he seen was with me!!

why do top grey,s fetch a high price?

because there the ones that will make ya the most money end of!!!!!!!

hares are lost in transit and hares are lost in there cages at events.

yes hares are only left to run there course so there know where the safey exit is but its not a totally saftey exit is it and the hares knows it

are you trying to tell me that a wild hare runs the same as one at them big events?

while talking to my local ranger about hawks and then turning it on hares his words hold strong in my mind.

the coursing lads are a law onto themselves and they cant even touch them!

why?

cause there above the law or are high in the gardai force!!

take the ex sergant in ballycotton in co.cork as an example.

well its all down to money when it comes down to it!!

these coursing club guys imho are not country men.

THERE MONEY MEN!!!!!!

they have no respect,infact they have it out for us proper,hunting lurchermen!!

laugh.gif

very good reply :blink:

i thought i was have a debate with someone that knew what they were on about!!

if ya want to see some dead hares at big events in there enclosures then take a look in youtube :secret:

your obviously in that group aint ya!!!

I can't debate with someone who has such a far greater knowledge than myself on the matter. I'd only be flogging a dead horse.