Terrier Club in Ireland

just out of interset to the lads that have replyed to topic how many of ye have insurance .gun club dosent cover digging lucher work beagle work bushing etc unless its an organize club event correct me if i wrong i know most of ye and yer decent lads so this is not meant to start an arguemnt.if we try and give the for and against on this thread without the bullshit all of us might benifit from it

Ar you sure the nargc insurance wont cover us.Two seoerate incidents happened up with us last year and it covered both.The first was a accident involving a gundog and motorist,and the second was two dogs got out at night at sheep causing a lot of damage finanially.Both men had gunclub insurance and were totally covered.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont think it would work a federation. Here is why, There is not one terrier man I know that does not hate the sight of at least one other, If you put yourself up as a group it only takes one pe

i don't think a club will work imho as was already stated here earlier. as for going under the hai banner forget it they have no intrest in terrier work only for our support to save there own sport. i

just out of interset to the lads that have replyed to topic how many of ye have insurance .gun club dosent cover digging lucher work beagle work bushing etc unless its an organize club event correct me if i wrong i know most of ye and yer decent lads so this is not meant to start an arguemnt.if we try and give the for and against on this thread without the bullshit all of us might benifit from it

Ar you sure the nargc insurance wont cover us.Two seoerate incidents happened up with us last year and it covered both.The first was a accident involving a gundog and motorist,and the second was two dogs got out at night at sheep causing a lot of damage finanially.Both men had gunclub insurance and were totally covered.

:bye::bye::bye::bye: Edited by fionn

I dont think it would work a federation. Here is why,

There is not one terrier man I know that does not hate the sight of at least one other,

If you put yourself up as a group it only takes one person to get caught doing something that is outside the law and the whole organisation is tarred with the one brush as happened in Northern Ireland in the late 1990's.

A friend of mine tried to organise an all ireland championship for showing working terrier and could not even get full co operation on this so I doubt that anything could be done for working dogs being represented for working purposes.

I myself am insured with the SACs NI and while not perfect I felt if was the best option for me at the time. I do not think terriermen should be setting up organistions sepaarate from other fieldsports as this makes us easier to sell out as is alledged occurred with the coursing club in Northern Ireland and the Hare ban. Most people I know in terriers are becoming more isolated from others due to being ripped off stabbed in the back and labelled because of people involved who go about thier activities with a brazen cavalier attitude. These days I stick to a small select group and few are ever in my company in my yard never mind the field and rhats the way I intend to keep it. Its a sad case of affairs things are this way but it like that and thats the way it is.

• Like 3

Fionn did you,s ever approach the F.M.W.T.C to see if its possible they would be

interested in forming a branch in Waterford to back yous up ,its only a suggestion ,

im not sure if there was ever a F.M.W.T.C club down there before .

[/quo :bye::bye::bye::bye:

Edited by fionn

Fionn did you,s ever approach the F.M.W.T.C to see if its possible they would be

interested in forming a branch in Waterford to back yous up ,its only a suggestion ,

iv never approach nobody i was on the last club commitee and why waterford and not say cork

Edited by jimmys shop

iv never approach nobody i was on the last club commitee and why waterford and not say cork

IM only mentioning Waterford as a form of speech ,i couldn,t give one f**k if its Timbuctwo yous form it ,

guys are asking lads for their opinions ,guys are trying to put suggestions back to help yous out ,if

your paranoid about it then read my post from last night about forming it :wallbash::wallbash: .

:bye::bye::bye::bye: Edited by fionn

My opinion for whats it worth,its easy to be negative but make no mistake the antis are turning up the heat.Why don't lurcher and terrier lads start a club nothing to serious a small sum to be a member,At least then when the mifh want numbers,The club would be strong enough to say yes ok but only with our spokesman on your committee. Otherwise as already said you will be sold out.

IM only mentioning Waterford as a form of speech ,i couldn,t give one f**k if its Timbuctwo yous form it ,

guys are asking lads for their opinions ,guys are trying to put suggestions back to help yous out ,if

your paranoid about it then read my post from last night about forming it :wallbash::wallbash: .

this is the attitude off most irish people on this site,close this fooking thread and just forget about it,couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery.any way most lads i have met up with true friends for a dig,soon as your back is turned your only a cnut,keep your hunting to yourselves & your mates,the less anyone knows the better.

this is the attitude off most irish people on this site,close this fooking thread and just forget about it,couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery.any way most lads i have met up with true friends for a dig,soon as your back is turned your only a cnut,keep your hunting to yourselves & your mates,the less anyone knows the better.

Edited by jimmys shop

Ok lads read both posts you getting no where with this so why dont twelve like minded terrier lads get together and start the club lay down rules regulations and so on and develop it from there instead of all this stupid arguing in public, sure you can get twelve then it will grow and develop but the more talking and muck slining you do it gets further away .