Gun tuning

Hi

You asked the same qestion in the new members forum as well and got no answers.

You have not introduced yourself or told us anything about you.

No one will tell you how to tune your gun as the forum does not allow discussion on taking your gun above the legal limit of 12 ft/lbs. :thumbs:

Why do you want to tune it? do you have an FAC ?

ATB

Hi Leon.

Welcome to THL mate.

Why do you want to tune it, is running rough.?

Have you experience of tuning a PCP, or are you looking for it to be done by a proffessional?

If its the latter of the two, give Adi a ring at A&M Gunsmiths 01623 861308.

Have chat to him about what you want from the rifle, and he will help you out, great guy to talk too, and very good service.

ATB.

Bill.

I not having trouble no was just wondering. It's the old fn12 so it's about 8yrs old. I am sure it is full power as the guy I got it off used it on his farm n he neve had any power issuses.

I do really like the new faclon lighthunter multishot. Thanks for ur help guys

Ps where can I get a FAC licence n does it cost the earth?

look in the sgc and fac setion, its not as easy as you think/make it sound,my advice would be do as much research as you possibly can and read everything,also get as much rifle practice as possible in,you dont want to be applying for an fac knowing bugger all about them :)

Brad.

N why is that funny I don't no how to get 1

I wouldn't say it's funny. It does show a complete lack of knowledge of firearms law, which is worrying. How much do you know about the law governing air weapons? It's fairly important to have a good knowledge of the law, otherwise you could find yourself in a whole world of s##t!

If you are thinking of applying for FAC, then go to the FAC forum and read up on the application process in the pinned thread. There are pages and pages of very good and helpful info, too much to repeat here!

I's also spend a load of time reading up in here on the airgun firearms law, especially as it relates to young people.

my advise would be dont bother going fac untill you have the experience of using a sub 12 rifle properly and safeley

having more power does not make you a better shot it means you have more to think about before you shoot

you will be supprised just how good them falcons are at sub 12

then go for fac later it will stand you in better stead with firearms officer if you know what your talking about and your not just a power hungry young un

:thumbs:

I no I don't no everyfin but I no abit and I was enquiring about a FAC and about tuning to gain knowlege. I have only bin hunting for about 1 year every now and agen [bANNED TEXT] a couple mates n now I live in Devon I am doing it on my own. All I am after is knowledge that's why I joined the forum.

I have also bin reading up on the british association of shooting conservation so I have bin doing sum homework. Everybody has to start sumwhere

But thanks for ur coments n I will take on boad what u have all sed

Leon

I no I don't no everyfin but I no abit and I was enquiring about a FAC and about tuning to gain knowlege. I have only bin hunting for about 1 year every now and agen [bANNED TEXT] a couple mates n now I live in Devon I am doing it on my own. All I am after is knowledge that's why I joined the forum.

I have also bin reading up on the british association of shooting conservation so I have bin doing sum homework. Everybody has to start sumwhere

But thanks for ur coments n I will take on boad what u have all sed

Leon

Leon. I wasn't having a go, more of a friendly warning. You really do need to understand the law about airguns or you could end up in a lot of trouble. Glad you are reading up and trying to learn, obviously there are loads of resources, and if you've got questions here is a good place to ask them. We don't bite (generally) and there are people with huge reservoirs of knowledge, so ask away!