Funny old day

Hi all.

My mate Rich and I planned a trip out on his permission on Tuesday.

Met up at his place, and got the kit sorted and ready, quick check of zero, and off we went.

His permission is only a 15 minute drive away, so we were on site in no time.

Rich is lucky enough to to have a realy nice and varied range of land to shoot.

We made ready and slipped into the fields.

We had only been there for a short while, when all hell let loose two fields away!!

Being FEB 1st, it was the last day of the pheasant shooting season, so everybody and his brother was out after them.

Bangs, whistles, dogs barking, men shouting commands to their dogs,.........Ideal conditions realy :laugh:

Anyway, we stuck it out and stayed put.

Needless to say, the underground mutton was very shy, what did show itself, was running up and down the hedge rows obviously very nervous, and reluctant to pause for a graze.

The morning went by quickly, with very little presenting itself long enough for a shot, or completely out of range.

After a quick TXT, Rich and I desided to have a bite to eat and a cup of tea back at the car.

Exchanging information on what, we had seen, and debating a move, in the end we desided to stay put.

Fed a watered, we made our way back into the fields.

By this time, the bangs were getting less, and further away from our positions.

The sun came out, and all was starting to feel a bit better.

Then, I saw two leave the santuary of the hedge, and they both started to run down the hill towards me.....at last I thought!!

One didnt stop at all just dissapeared into the undergrowth, but the other paused for a while .....bless him.

I had already lazered the field of fire, and picked out reference points at known ranges.

The rabbit was stopped by a large clump in the ground at 46 yds.

Ultra shouldered, I let the AA field 15.9 .22 find its mark, and dear old bugs gave a little wave as he lay down.

Here he is, nice clean head shot, and the first kill for my recently TENCHED Ultra.

post-41269-0-07127100-1296638923_thumb.jpg

We did not see much after that realy, as the light was going, we both decided to call it a day, and made our way home.

On this occastion Rich didnt get one in the bag, although it was the other way around on a previous trip, I came away with nothing then :laugh:

A good day, with good company, thanks for sharing your permission with me Rich!!! :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 2

hi ya bill

fantastic write up pal and great shooting to blood the new tench'd ultra with a nice rabbit to pal

i do like the new stock on the ultra might look in to one of them for brendens ultra very nice indeed buddy

shay

Hiya Shay.

Cheers me dear, glad you enjoyed it :thumbs:

Yep, the new Minelli stocks on the Ultra are nice, could have done with more length in the combe though to be honest mate.

It has a shortish length of pull as standard, so for anyone wanting to adjust to more length, it makes the comb a tad short, but then Im an awakward bugger anyway :laugh:

Proberbly fit your Brendon a treat though.

ATB.

Bill.

Cracking shot hill billy, did ya eat tha there no good pesky critter? Raw perhaps?? Lol

Great shot that bill :thumbs:

Sounds like a great day had by you both despite the disturbance, nice write up :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Hi Ste.

Hott dayum........No :laugh:

To be honest, I left him for the Buzzards or the Foxy fella.

Got enough in the freezer at the mo.

The nieghbours have had enough too :laugh:

May sound like a waste to most, but Im there for pest control, you can only eat and give away so many.

Might have to have a word with the local butcher :hmm:

ATB.

Bill.

Cracking shot hill billy, did ya eat tha there no good pesky critter? Raw perhaps?? Lol

Sounds like a great day had by you both despite the disturbance, nice write up :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Hi Ste.

May sound like a waste to most, but Im there for pest control, you can only eat and give away so many.

ATB.

Bill.

nice shooting there pal.

have a word with your local pet shops to mate, the reptile center next to my shop take any thing off me. even corvids and the likes.

atb

Andy

.atb. .ste.

Hi Ste.

ATB.

Bill.

There is a bird of prey rescue centre 3miles from me who open to the public to fund there charity, I have often wonderd about asking them if the want any rabbits for the birds when I have spare, I dont know if they would use an untrusted source for food tho, it would be nice if they did as it would be being put to very good use, also I would be doing my bit for charity at the same time :thumbs:

Just a thaught, I should pop in and ask.

.atb. .ste.

hi ya bill

fantastic write up pal and great shooting to blood the new tench'd ultra with a nice rabbit to pal

i do like the new stock on the ultra might look in to one of them for brendens ultra very nice indeed buddy

shay

Hiya Shay.

Cheers me dear, glad you enjoyed it :thumbs:

Yep, the new Minelli stocks on the Ultra are nice, could have done with more length in the combe though to be honest mate.

It has a shortish length of pull as standard, so for anyone wanting to adjust to more length, it makes the comb a tad short, but then Im an awakward bugger anyway :laugh:

Proberbly fit your Brendon a treat though.

ATB.

Bill.

i will have to look into that bill buddy

as brenden does like them and the tac stock to he wants something that looks nice to as he is going with me on a HFT FT shoots down a local club and he wants his gun to look nice and his black stock he can use for hunting

or i might just get another wooden stock and skeleton it for him

what do you think buddy ?

shay