saluki crosses taking fox pre-ban?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont recon a saluki x could kill a fox?

ime not saying they all will, all dogs are different,but my bitch did, and did it well,ive also had other breeds that would nt touch em ,ime no saluki x expert but my bitch did nt start till she was 4yrs old they seem to mature slowly ,so dont [bANNED TEXT] them off too early boys .i used to run her with bull xs to start her off ,she was always the first to get there lol, no good having a big muscular bull x if it can t catch them :whistling: atb BB

No they can only run gazelle on sand

thts the biggest load of shit i ever heard.i ad a suluki x greyhound dog tht wud do the job time after time.anything on 4 legs.28tts 80 pounds

sarcasm maybe ? :D

you have to get used to ignoring certain posts/posters on this forum

anybody known of, or have had any experiance of saluki crosses doing the job on charlies?

iv hurd that a saluki greyhound is capable of doing a fox single handedly????

cheers

I lamped foxes for many years pre ban,got to see most crosses work,my mate had coursing dogs,he used to say to me our Charlie he'd do you ,he catches foxes he hates them, one night he came out with us,brought Charlie,we got five fox an three water deer,Charlie got the lot, I been looking for a dog like Charlie since,he was saluki greyhound didn't miss a thing that night,I have tried a couple of saluki bull greys since but the wer nothing like Charlie, I'd love one the same as him but ye taking more of a chance bringing a saluki x on for fox,he probably will let u down, ye get good fox dogs in all breeds but if ye get a saluki x doin it,ye have a good dog for the job :thumbs:

in past not seen meny salukix greyhounds for foxing dogs put a bit of bull in them yes nd yes seen them used,if you was going to buy a dog just for fox work it would not be a saluki or saluki greyhound,now am not pulling these dogs down as they are good hare dogs owt that can run a bit,come on lads if you was putting money down it wouldnt be on these dogs for fox..be honest.few nd far between....

ive just bought a first x saluki grey and i think ill give her a go not this season coming up but the next one im not bothered if she dosnt take them because we've got a saluki bull pup that will hopefully take them but its nice to have an all rounder .it dosn't nalf piss you off when your out wee a dog and it'll not take that seems to be when you catch them out in the field