Problems help required

Recently got a bsa lightning and after trying 3 different good scopes,i still cant zero the gun. I know theres quite a bit of recoil but with the 3 scopes its firing about 6 inches high and 3 inches left surely this cant b recoil,was thinking scope height? No expert anyone any suggestions?

hi ya buddy

yeah your right with recoil buddy they do have a kick are you using hawke scopes ? if so try to put a couple of layers of plastic strips under the mount where the scope sits on at your cheek piece buddy as they made need lifting as they are use more for rimmy's then check the silencer inside for clipping or if it is loose buddy

make sure all stock screws are tight to mine always came loose

try taking the silencer off as well to see if that makes a difference to they are very loud to so make sure the next door know what you are doing to pal

shay

if you need any more help buddy just give me a pm pal :thumbs:

hi buddy

what pellets are you using?

what range are you zeroing at?

and what cal is it ?

how many shots have you put through it?

the barrel may need cleaning :thumbs:

give it a clean and tighten the scope up (finger tight) :thumbs:

and practise,and practise give your self time to get use to the rifle :thumbs:

let us know how you get on

regards

davy

Hi,

.22 cal,tried it with,without silencer zero range 15yds then 20yds

Tasco 3 9x40 which i use/used on other guns with no problems.

Problem is theres no more adjustment left on the up and down on the scope. I think i will try a higher mount c if that works.

i had the same trouble today i brought a AA pro sport yesterday trying to zero it in today, the scope i was using was a hawke night-eye, the trouble i had was the scope turret wouldn't go far enoth to the right :wallbash: i tried a few little tricks like a little bit of packing but it still wouldn't go far enoth over to the right so i took another scope off one of my other rifles, put it on the pro sport the scope was a hawke map-pro, zero'd it in on the pro sport with in 5 shots tried the night eye on the other rifle same trouble, would not go far enoth over to the right, so i took the scope to my local gun shop tried it on one of their rifles, same trouble so we put it down to a dodgie scope so i will be taking it back to the shop tomorow

it sounds to me like somebody has pulled the trigger when the barrel has been broke and gun cocked bending the barrel slightly upward when its clahsed together.

I thought the same thing, HH.

Also DS, what are you resting your gun on?? If it's resting on something solid, it'll kick your shots way high.

Cheers.

There's a few things it could be.

Firstly check the barrel pivot. If it's loose then that can cause everything to be skewed.

Next, check that the mounts are straight. IIRC the lightning mount dovetail is glued to the top of the cylinder with a rubber bit in between to help with the recoil. It's possible this has been distorted or moved in some way.

Then check the mounts are straight and central. If possible try a new set of mounts. Make sure everything is the same front and rear, and that they are properly tightened.

If you go through these, and it still doesn't sort it, then it sounds like a gunsmith problem.

Let us know how you get on.