Do you have to travel far to work your dogs regular?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

% of the time travel anywere from 1/2 hour ,2, 5hour round trip , their local spots were i bring my pup on cause you guranted,i would say travel is the norm these days

Posted Images

Any were from 100miles to 800 miles which we've done a few timez this season 15 hour round trip.

800 miles!!, where you going Australia lol, got some petrol money you have pal

atb :thumbs:

haha were ever the lamp takes us :tongue2: Edited by d and l 3

If its not there you cant hunt it. And if you caNT Hunt it, your lurchers cant run it. A fit lurcher is a running lurcher behind it quarry, not a tennis ball. The buzz when your driving a distance never leaves you, its always the same, anticipation is a great word, and adrenalin is even better. Atb Russ.

Pre ban I used to travel all over the place to work my dogs just to get them the type of work they was bred for,nowadays I'm still having to go an hour In me car to guarantee a good few runs for the dogs,I still hunt locally to exercise them but to be honest it can be pointless,when ye have good dogs and ye want to see them graft ye find yeself having to travel sometimes. how far do you travel? How often?

why do u want to know this ?

I was just wandering how many people who work dogs had to travel to get the best from their dogs like I have ,and why do we keep dogs bred for working certain quarry if that quarry isn't even available in your surrounding area? I do it because I love to see dogs doing what their bred for. So if I had dogs capable of catching larger stuff which isn't in the countryside around here I'd go an hunt one down wherever it was haha :thumbs:

so, you`r doing a survey ?

No I'm doing a scouse bird name jackie haha :thumbs:

an she`s doing your mate tyrone haha

An while your on ere ye dogs r doin ye mar grow up dick head.or pm me if ye want to argue I'm sick of tits like u spoiling shit :big_boss:

when you say "so if i had dogs capable of catching larger stuff which isn`t in the countryside around here i`d go an hunt one down wherever it was" i kinda think you`r a dick head type, messa

Ok you right I'm a dick head you Sussed me out,I'll give it all up tomorrow, I can't write wonderful stories on ere, can't say something without everyone scrutinizing me every word,I no good me a bad man haha wat I meant by down wherever it was is I'm from the north an I head down to wherever I have to to get me dogs graft . not hunt it down like u saying haha u no like "I'm heading down to Worcester tonight to see bob" haha :notworthy:

fair play to ya mate same frame of mind as me, only been on here a week and cant beleive how many pricks there is on here spoil good threads and cause bad vibes. not very good where i live so travel a good 200 mile round trip twice a week to get my dogs runs on what there bred for.

Pre ban I used to travel all over the place to work my dogs just to get them the type of work they was bred for,nowadays I'm still having to go an hour In me car to guarantee a good few runs for the dogs,I still hunt locally to exercise them but to be honest it can be pointless,when ye have good dogs and ye want to see them graft ye find yeself having to travel sometimes. how far do you travel? How often?

I was just wandering how many people who work dogs had to travel to get the best from their dogs like I have ,and why do we keep dogs bred for working certain quarry if that quarry isn't even available in your surrounding area? I do it because I love to see dogs doing what their bred for. So if I had dogs capable of catching larger stuff which isn't in the countryside around here I'd go an hunt one down wherever it was haha :thumbs:

An while your on ere ye dogs r doin ye mar grow up dick head.or pm me if ye want to argue I'm sick of tits like u spoiling shit :big_boss:

when you say "so if i had dogs capable of catching larger stuff which isn`t in the countryside around here i`d go an hunt one down wherever it was" i kinda think you`r a dick head type, messa

Ok you right I'm a dick head you Sussed me out,I'll give it all up tomorrow, I can't write wonderful stories on ere, can't say something without everyone scrutinizing me every word,I no good me a bad man haha wat I meant by down wherever it was is I'm from the north an I head down to wherever I have to to get me dogs graft . not hunt it down like u saying haha u no like "I'm heading down to Worcester tonight to see bob" haha :notworthy:

fair play to ya mate same frame of mind as me, only been on here a week and cant beleive how many pricks there is on here spoil good threads and cause bad vibes. not very good where i live so travel a good 200 mile round trip twice a week to get my dogs runs on what there bred for.

Thanks mate good luck on ye travels :thumbs:

Tonight.... 160mile round trip, 3hrs driving about £40 diesel for.............

2 rabbits :icon_redface:

This land is my good friends permission, go weekly/fortnighly, it usually holds good numbers but it gets hammered every year. Tonight, there was no wind and a thick frost on the grass, you could hear me crunching for miles, the only rabbits out were hugging the hedge lines. I was only going to give him a few runs anyway as he is well out of condition, but after miles of empty fields the ground started to get hard so called it a night early.

post-57301-0-19093000-1296255184_thumb.jpg

The ratting starts soon for us. Up at 4.30am for a 250 mile round trip, get home about 8-9 pm.

All well worth it, i've met some fantastic people from all over the country..........You have to be in it, to win it ;)

Tonight.... 160mile round trip, 3hrs driving about £40 diesel for.............

2 rabbits :icon_redface:

This land is my good friends permission, go weekly/fortnighly, it usually holds good numbers but it gets hammered every year. Tonight, there was no wind and a thick frost on the grass, you could hear me crunching for miles, the only rabbits out were hugging the hedge lines. I was only going to give him a few runs anyway as he is well out of condition, but after miles of empty fields the ground started to get hard so called it a night early.

post-57301-0-19093000-1296255184_thumb.jpg

The ratting starts soon for us. Up at 4.30am for a 250 mile round trip, get home about 8-9 pm.

All well worth it, i've met some fantastic people from all over the country..........You have to be in it, to win it ;)

Rattings one of the best days out you can have,I'd travel anywhere with some of my mates just to hear their screams haha I like to take a couple of the lads who don't get out, it's comical they think Wer nuts haha they love it though,the story about the day changes by time ye home,to their was millions,bigger than the dogs,one attacked me haha can't beat it.I got some coming up myself,some pheasant feeders an a few setasides to clear should be fun :thumbs:

lol, and you have been on a week, and your already calling names, and that people are pricks.. :whistling::whistling:

I do 300 miles round trip as often as weather permits both south and north of yorkshire...sometimes for good big bags and often for a few runs and a long walk checking new places.

i have had plenty of long drives out to places on the advice of people on this site and quite often drawn a blank.

but also met some very good decent straight chaps who know their stuff and get out there doing it every night and day.

its like a i tell my wife...you just gotta suck it and see.

Not far at all, however I will travel when invited if I'm available. With me it's more about meeting friends, having a good time, and maybe a few :drink: when we finish.

There's some decent members on here that have travelled well over 400 miles round trip to meet me for a day/nights work and vice versa.

Dedicated lads, you know who you are.

:drinks:

mate on here some of the lads are ok but a lot of them have not got a dog there just lap top hunters arm cher hunters and up to slag good lads

• Like 1