ladybower res

just to let you all know that a good mate of mine has just bought the lease for ladybower, hes planned to put a shed load of fish in to increase stock numbers and is hoping for the best season theyve had. at the moment theres a big renovation going on all the boats are being sanded down and repainted and so on theres alot to do. and for all you pike ;ads out there there are plans to open pike fishing up all year round now not just in the closed season. so checkit out it should be good,

any problems or queries you can pm me. oh ye and if any body here has had a bad session down there or has any complaints about it in the past if you could let me know so it can be sorted.

cheers kk21

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

i went for a walk rouned ther and was toled thers good pike in ther i think i was told i cud only fish for pike 2 or 3 months of the year iv never fished it but wood like to it was flyfishing only when i walked rouned bout 3 yeares back wood be nice to if its course and fly fishing any info on what new stok will be going in and rules i hope it will be day tiket

Edited by dpb82uk

Pike fishing all year round :hmm::hmm::no::no::no: RIP Ladybower

Why?

The biggest killers of pike is us anglers FACT so when the pike are getting hammered all year round it is what we call predator massacre.plus add to the fact that ladybower levels drop in the spawning season for pike resulting in there spawning areas to be above water this is why ladybower will never be the water it should be.add the fact that they are going to be pressured all year round will see this fishery dissapear as a pike fishery mark my words.im not saying its never going to do big fish cos you will get the odd one but gone are the days when you see fish of the quality that nev has caught there

• 11 months later...

the levels do drop in the summer but thats no different to every res that feeds a cities water demand the water levels last year held good while the pike spawned. the bigest problem the pike face is the robbing poaching foreign fuckers that still think there at home and can take what they like. the pike season starts a week after the trout season finishes and runs right through till march. unfortunatly for some the pike fishing is run on a season ticket basis only thats mainly because of time restraints of the manager and the baliffs during the winter its a big maintainance job to get all the boats and all the other equiptment cleaned and stored ready for the following year.

fly fishing is on day ticket, season ticket, half day ticket, and full and half day sporting tickets.

t

Fished here for the trout got talking to new owner he is sound as a pound we soon caught our bag limit from boat down raspberry bay NRA were patrolling the res for licence dodgers and foreign thieving b*****ds should be a good season this year on there

the levels do drop in the summer but thats no different to every res that feeds a cities water demand the water levels last year held good while the pike spawned. the bigest problem the pike face is the robbing poaching foreign fuckers that still think there at home and can take what they like. the pike season starts a week after the trout season finishes and runs right through till march. unfortunatly for some the pike fishing is run on a season ticket basis only thats mainly because of time restraints of the manager and the baliffs during the winter its a big maintainance job to get all the boats and all the other equiptment cleaned and stored ready for the following year.

fly fishing is on day ticket, season ticket, half day ticket, and full and half day sporting tickets.

t

im confused you said there are plans to allow piing year round but your saying now only until march. i agree with the above poster it would be much better not allowing it all year it doesnt do the pike any good to be honest same as too much pressure, would be nice to see a pike day ticket just through the right season

t

im confused you said there are plans to allow piing year round but your saying now only until march. i agree with the above poster it would be much better not allowing it all year it doesnt do the pike any good to be honest same as too much pressure, would be nice to see a pike day ticket just through the right season

ran out of likes :icon_redface:... :good: