Border Terriers

What would be wrong with breeding an unregistered Border? surely as long as it works thats all that matters? I would rather have an unregiatered one that works than a registered one that doesnt and I have seen a lot of registered pet bred borders that cost £300 - £400 upwards and their owners dont even have them off the lead and they are just pet dogs that get maybe a walk twice a day if they are lucky. Good dogs are good dogs regardless of a peice of paper. Take the peice of paper away and it doesnt change the dog, allthough it would change the price of the pups off that dog, and money is the driving force behind a lot of litters especially pet bred ones lets be honest here.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

name='ROOSTER' date='Jan 21 2007, 05:04 PM' post='179055'

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dawn B @ Jan 20 2007, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Nice to see people having a go at Borders AGAIN, gets very boring. There are umpteen pups advertised on here, all types and crosses, parents never worked, but nobody says much about it, unless its a Border!

Whilst I do not condone breeding unregistered Borders as they are a registered breed,

Dawn.

DO MEAN WE SHOULD ONLY BREED DOGS IF WE GIVE THE KC MONEY

You can breed whatever you like, I said what I would do.

Dawn.

Edited by Dawn B

My own take on this after watching it for a day or two is this; be careful when advertising 'working dogs' on a working forum.We all have our own ideas of what 'work' is in the terrier world and it wont do to upset those who strive to 'work' their terriers to ground. :no:

However i admire your honesty matey, keep your dogs working if you can. :victory:

Not a good picture but this 12" border bitch was worked today in a large spot and has the medals to show. :drink::drink:

im sure targa has seen plenty of working borders in germany. theres still working strains of smooth and wire haired fox terriers on the continent. and i've seen a video from sweden with borders working fox and brock. its all legal over there.

targa isn´t from Germany ! ...and we don´t have much Working Borders or even KC Borders here !

I never seen or hear of a good Border used here in germany ... that means not that here are none , but "I" never hear or seen one !

Greeting´s

Steezy

Ps. the flag on donnyc Avantar is the Germany flag :D !

i like borders but all this kc stuff and 3 t4 hundred for a small terreir is alot of money for most espec when there only pets ,this is aworking terreir site people who sell pets sell them on a pet forum show, ive never had a pet there all been working or away back racing greys , 150 is enough for any dog small or large ,unles its some rare breed etc alll the best to working dogs

Shay

You keep what dogs you want and shut the f**k up about what other people like

If you lot aint got anything good to say dont bother saying anything

The guy is happy he has had a litter of pups

He is happy that his border catches rats and rabbits

no-one is asking you to buy one

just stick with your own super hero dogs you must already have.

I know plenty of old dog men who wouldnt even come on here let alone slag another guys dogs off or brag about how hard there dogs are.

Just keep out of the posts if all your going to do is put people down, not everyone is a digger some like catching rabbits and pheasants which they can eat.

Dont mean they are show dogs, every country fair i go i have never seen a border terrier fighting or playing up its always the Jack Russells or the Patts maybe this guy wants a dog which has a bit more brain (fact) or is a bit more sociable than the big bad digging dogs :censored:

You ringpiece johnnyboy, its called the hunting life, not pet pooch land, as long as I keep seeing ads for w a n k dogs I will carry on slating, he may well be happy with his Borders and fair play to him. Much better off on a pet forum for things like that though. The only thing I was slagging was a litter of pet Borders yet again on a hunting forum, and cant see once where i stated where my dogs were well ard. They work, they are probably much better bred than any border you will come across and they are kept well away from the dizzy women and puff pet brigade that have done so much to spoil todays dogs.

if you think other breeds of dogs lack in brain over the Border then you really are a silly boy, but if this was the case they more than make up for it with heart,

This is for all you pet lovers

http://forum.dog.com/asp/

I'm "TRYSEXUAL" myself - TRY anything once ;)

Seriously though, whats the harm in a ratting/rabbiting Border terrier for fvcks sake?

People who do a bit of mooching with their Borders are to be applauded not villified.

I have seen Borders work quarry with sharp teeth and work it well. Although the only fox killers I have seen were males.

At the end of the day, different breeds of dogs suit people with different personalities, some prefer JRT's, some like Fells, others like the black dogs, and weirdos like me like the curly ones. As long as we get some enjoyment out of them who gives a fvck?

Dave