my old dog had a bad bout of it last year he had it when he was younger and i managed to get him through it keeping his fluid levels up and regular small meals, but this time round he stopped eating and dropped a hell of a lot of weight so it was definatly a vet job at 10 years old didnt expect him to pull through, vet put him on a drip over the weekend and he pulled through and is now going strong.

Id get him to the vets dont take any chances especially if its old or young

thanks to you all its my bull x pup i took him to vets before i posted been told to give sips of coold boiled water starv for 2 days and feed boild white fish rabbit rice or pasta thankyou for your advise lad hope he makes it :thumbs:

Did the vet not give any medication ? I'd be looking for a second opinion if I was you ! Best of luck, hope he's ok !!

Cheers.

thanks to you all its my bull x pup i took him to vets before i posted been told to give sips of coold boiled water starv for 2 days and feed boild white fish rabbit rice or pasta thankyou for your advise lad hope he makes it :thumbs:

Did the vet not give any medication ? I'd be looking for a second opinion if I was you ! Best of luck, hope he's ok !!

Cheers.

hi mate yeh he gave a needle to calm the runs out and got medicine and tablets but cant give medication till tomorrow thanks pal

hi all all good idvise appreciated please.. as any one dog ever had gastro enteritis. is it a bad virus what causes it and was your dog ok after treament thankyou

the dog in question

BASICALLY IT`S INFLAMMATION OF THE STOMACH & CAN BE CAN BE CAUSED BY A VIRUS OR SAY EATING SOMETHING DODGY. SYMPTOMS LIKE THE RUNS MEANS YOU MUST KEEP THE DOG HYDRATED & ELECTROLYTES CAN HELP. CERTAINLY YOU CANT RUN THE DOG TILL ITS 100% AGAIN & EATING & DRINKING AS NORMAL. YOUR VET SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE INFORMATIVE ON THE SUBJECT & AS YOUR PAYING HIM YOU DESERVE TO ASK ABOUT WHAT IS WRONG & HOW HE IS TREATING IT? ANY DECENT VET WILL WELCOME AN OWNER WITH A GENUINE INTEREST IN THEIR DOG. GOOD LUCK :thumbs: Edited by optimus

hi all all good idvise appreciated please.. as any one dog ever had gastro enteritis. is it a bad virus what causes it and was your dog ok after treament thankyou

thanks to all who advised but hes gone now bless him rest in peace my lad