bull in terriers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well believe it or believe it not any dog alive today that is worked to a high standard has a lot too be grate full for as reguards bull blood it might of been added too some breeds 20 years ago and s

im aware of that mate im talking people that half cross staff to say a patt or russel if they feel the need to add bull to there terriers maybe they should look at the terriers there using my opinion

yip i tend too agree that some try and use it too make a bad terrier produce something thats better wrong way too go but its also been used on good well bred lines of terrier but through tight breedin

Posted Images

Guest dee mac

i cant for the life of me see why people would do this to be honest an dont see any advantages gained

well believe it or believe it not any dog alive today that is worked to a high standard has a lot too be grate full for as reguards bull blood it might of been added too some breeds 20 years ago and some hundreds of years ago but you ll find there s a bit lurking about in the blood of most dogs it was added some time s too add a bit of bone maybe to get the desired tight coat some bred for its aggression and some just wanted to strenghten up the overall package of some breeds so dont knock them as they ve done more good than harm when used in the right hands :yes:
  • Like 7
Guest dee mac

im aware of that mate im talking people that half cross staff to say a patt or russel if they feel the need to add bull to there terriers maybe they should look at the terriers there using my opinion :thumbs:

yip i tend too agree that some try and use it too make a bad terrier produce something thats better wrong way too go but its also been used on good well bred lines of terrier but through tight breeding they ve become say small or lightly boned and by using a well sourced bull bred dog ie full or half have cured these faults but it boils down too same thing when used in right hands bull blood can bring a lot too the table.
  • Like 2

pat fell were talking terriers mate bull lurchers are a different story a well bred terrier shouldnt need any bull blood in my opinion if you need the bull for say courage your using the wrong terriers and bone an size theres no need to use direct bull blood for that other than to make it look good at the side of the show ring :tongue2:

Guest dee mac

pat fell were talking terriers mate bull lurchers are a different story a well bred terrier shouldnt need any bull blood in my opinion if you need the bull for say courage your using the wrong terriers and bone an size theres no need to use direct bull blood for that other than to make it look good at the side of the show ring :tongue2:

thats were your missing the point bogger no one mentioned shows .theres more than one way too skin a cat as you say you dont have too use direct bull blood ie you can use 1/2 1/4 or even an 1/8 but at some stage you have too use full bull blood too attain this or there d be no 1/2/1/4 or 1/8 dogs do you follow that much and if you only posted too have a go at the men who use it too make there dogs look the part for reguards shows or making money then just say it out straight but if your talking in terms or adding too working dogs or the use or it in the make up of dogs from the past then your wrong with your statement simple .

no im not on bout bull grays.lord oxford or sumone like that intraduced bull blood into grayhounds years ago then bred back to grays for stronger grays and good stamina. look it up you see what a mean..a have a terrier with no bull in it she doesnt need it being brought up by a bull is all she has in comon with em.. :victory:

Guest dee mac

im going at both the show people and the fact it does nothing for a working terrier its my opinion not a fact dont expect you to agree :thumbs:

well your well wide of mark because its a fact that bull blood helped shape the working dog of today and will in the future help to preserve it so maybe in near future you may have too change your way of thinking and thats not an opinion thats a fact
  • Like 1
Guest dee mac

hows that then dee mac if i keep breeding terriers worker to worker of the same type to what i want why would i need bull blood?

i know were your coming from i ve no intention of using bull blood in my terriers either but say you breed your terriers to the point were they get very closely related and you need an outcross and the best dog by a country mile has say 1/8 of bull blood in his veins through his sire who was a 1/4 bred dog would you use him or would you settle for a lesser dog because his owner could trace his line and there was no bull blood close in his make up ?