electronic ear defenders

The answer is yes, they will make a huge difference to the sound level at your ear. I'd recommend them if you're firing more than a few shots. A bit bulky and uncomfortable for stalking, but at the range invaluable!

I always have a pair of those yellow foam plugs in my pocket when stalking.

The answer is yes, they will make a huge difference to the sound level at your ear. I'd recommend them if you're firing more than a few shots. A bit bulky and uncomfortable for stalking, but at the range invaluable!

to use when zeroing scopes and the odd clay session.

to use when zeroing scopes and the odd clay session.

Exactly. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

If you don't like being able to hear, then by all means shoot without hearing protection. If, however, you enjoy music and speech, then ear defenders are an absolute MUST! The electronic ear defenders are very good, and even the cheapest ones will reduce the sound pressure at the ear enough to prevent serious hearing damage. The little yellow foam plugs are brilliant, they don't get in the way, are easy and light to carry and really cut the noise down, but with them in you can't hear the birds or anything much else. The electronic ones allow you to hear what's going on around you, but still stop you going deaf. So are they any good? Yes. Are they worth the money? Definitely!