SALUKI INFO

putting bull blood into a coursing dog wont add anything it takes away the speed and stamina

[/quo

All depends on the ground your working big open fens there no need for bull put in a coursing dog but if your hunting small fields with gates fences hedges ditches rivers etc etc you need a bit maddest put in there to get thought or over this things. A touch not much just touch bull or wheaten well take away the nerves off the saulk.

Some thing like 1/2 saulk 1/4 bull or wheaten 1/4 grey can make handy coursing dog

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got to agree mate.only thing you might need bull blood for is pre ban fox.in my opinion it has nothing to offer any other lurcher work that you cant find in another breed.i know this will put a few no

take it you know f**k all about saluki's,and have never own 1 :wankerzo4:

You made a post on this site, about what to put over a greyhound, that you are getting, on that post somebody has sugested something with saluki in it , you have'nt even replied to that one, why did'n

Cheers lads.

She's growing into a lovely bitch Optimus! Yes "Buster Lennon"

was just wondering what bitch is in your avator pic? she looks a cracker :thumbs:

She was a decent bitch I owned in the early 90's called Fly, by Deacon (pure saluki) to a Whisper Wishes greyhound bitch. Killed loads of hares in Ireland but would begin eating them if you didn't get to her sharpish. Never had her to the fens though.

As I explained earlier, these two young lurchers were not sired by Khan but by his son Buster. There is no mystery.

As far as bull blood is concerned it probably depends on percentages. Two of the games legendary performers, Salty and Sooner were reportedly bred out of a bitch with bull in her, and a pure saluki by the late Willie Tough. Descendants of this line include Ink, Spindles, Scouser, Gazza (11 out of 11 fen hares in January), Captain, Splodge etc. etc., all of them stand out performance dogs that any of us would be proud to have owned.

The one hard and fast rule about this game is.......there are no hard and fast rules.

Edited by BOLIO1

that litter was all rubbish :D all they do is kill hares :D

did that khan ebery breed to bitch in belfast 2 pups for sale saying that he is the sire both 14 months :thumbs:

photo.jpg

This is my bitch from that litter aged 8 months iceman. They were born 2nd october '09

Sire, Buster Lennon

DSC00738.jpg

Dam, Willow

DSCN0364.jpg

Edited by BOLIO1

putting bull blood into a coursing dog wont add anything it takes away the speed and stamina

All depends on the ground your working big open fens there no need for bull put in a coursing dog but if your hunting small fields with gates fences hedges ditches rivers etc etc you need a bit maddest put in there to get thought or over this things. A touch not much just touch bull or wheaten well take away the nerves off the saulk.

Some thing like 1/2 saulk 1/4 bull or wheaten 1/4 grey can make handy coursing dog

What a crock of poo,,, salukis are probably the best jumpers around if trained to do so,,, and thats what the problem is,, too many lads just slap them on a hare on big opens,,, bring them on like a lurcher and be shocked,,,,, bull x are the shittest jumpers ever,, too much time in the air,, its terrier blood for fecks sake,, you need speed grace stamina and agility,, seen saluki xs that make lurchers look stupid on small feilds and J.Ls dogs on the opens.

Saluki x lurchers (not the bull type),, that throw the saluki side, are the best type imo if brought on to go through cover and jump on the run they will excell at feild and fen.

• Like 2

What a crock of poo,,, salukis are probably the best jumpers around if trained to do so,,, and thats what the problem is,, too many lads just slap them on a hare on big opens,,, bring them on like a lurcher and be shocked,,,,, bull x are the shittest jumpers ever,, too much time in the air,, its terrier blood for fecks sake,, you need speed grace stamina and agility,, seen saluki xs that make lurchers look stupid on small feilds and J.Ls dogs on the opens.

Saluki x lurchers (not the bull type),, that throw the saluki side, are the best type imo if brought on to go through cover and jump on the run they will excell at feild and fen.

got to agree mate.only thing you might need bull blood for is pre ban fox.in my opinion it has nothing to offer any other lurcher work that you cant find in another breed.i know this will put a few noses out of joint but its just my opinion.to heavy handed with deer pre ban.i like a dog to flip and hold not rag around and ruin meat.sorry if i piss anyone off just the way i feel.saluki blood can only benefit edible quary hunting dogs.rant over :thumbs:

• Like 4

Cheers lads.

was just wondering what bitch is in your avator pic? she looks a cracker :thumbs:

She was a decent bitch I owned in the early 90's called Fly, by Deacon (pure saluki) to a Whisper Wishes greyhound bitch. Killed loads of hares in Ireland but would begin eating them if you didn't get to her sharpish. Never had her to the fens though.

As I explained earlier, these two young lurchers were not sired by Khan but by his son Buster. There is no mystery.

As far as bull blood is concerned it probably depends on percentages. Two of the games legendary performers, Salty and Sooner were reportedly bred out of a bitch with bull in her, and a pure saluki by the late Willie Tough. Descendants of this line include Ink, Spindles, Scouser, Gazza (11 out of 11 fen hares in January), Captain, Splodge etc. etc., all of them stand out performance dogs that any of us would be proud to have owned.

The one hard and fast rule about this game is.......there are no hard and fast rules.

Reportably being the magic word,,,,,,,,,,,, enough bull in the greys of today i reckon.

yeh but Khan breeds shit dont he :D:D

TIME SHALL TELL MACCA Image1005.jpg

Image1001.jpg:thumbs:

like the look of that hows it bred?

SALUKI/BULL/GREYHOUND. HAVENT FORGOTTEN THAT INFO, BUT MY NEW EPSON SCANNER HAS DECIDED 2 ONLY RECOGNISE A4 SCANS?.,BE IN TOUCH :thumbs:

looking good mate :thumbs:

Just a question hope you dont mind,, but why would you want to put bull blood into a coursing dog,,?,, for an allround animal yeah i can see the advantages of a tad of bull blood, but not for a coursing animal, surely it will hinden turning ability and wind ?,,

RUNNING UP HERE IN SCOTLAND ISNT AS CUT & DRIED AS SAY LINCOLN, I RUN GROUND WITH COVER, COW PARKS & BIGGER ARABLE GROUND JUST OVER THE BORDER FOR EXAMPLE. SHES PART OF A BREEDING PROJECT/I WANTED SOMETHING WITH MORE THAN JUST SALUKI BLOOD IN IT, ADD SOMETHING TO MIX 2 PRODUCE A MORE ROBUST ANIMAL & HAS MORE GEAR THAN A PURE SALUKI & SHE CERTAINLY AINT SLOW OR SHY AT COVER. SOMETIMES YOU DONT GET THE DAYS RUNNING YOU WANTED SO A DOG THAT CAN DIVERSIFY A LITTLE IN TERMS OF QUARRY IS ALWAYS A BONUS. PLAN IS TO BREED HER TO A LARGE HARDBLOOD DOG EVENTUALY 2 HOPEFULLY GET WHAT I WANT, BY THEN ANY BULL INFLUENCE WILL BE AN EIGTH AT MOST. TIME WILL TELL WHETHER IT WORKS OR NOT???, BECAUSE AS BOLIO STATED . THERE ARE NO HARD OR FAST RULES IN THIS GAME :thumbs: Edited by optimus

Cheers lads.

Thanks for that bolio she certainly looks well..was she an up and at them type? would love to have one like her..

did that khan ebery breed to bitch in belfast 2 pups for sale saying that he is the sire both 14 months :thumbs:

photo.jpg

This is my bitch from that litter aged 8 months iceman. They were born 2nd october '09

Sire, Buster Lennon

DSC00738.jpg

Dam, Willow

DSCN0364.jpg

lovely looking dogs :thumbs:

photo.jpg

Sire, Buster Lennon

DSC00738.jpg

Dam, Willow

DSCN0364.jpg

Cheers lads.

IIt was the other way round Bolio, a rough coated lurcher dog of unknown breeding was but to one of Freddy Prestons saluki bitches, same line as Deacon. You over at all this season?

Curdog.... yes she was up and at them. Had to be for most of the ground she was running but she grew up in Northern Ireland and knew no different. She could stay on too, at least she stayed as well as she needed to but never had the chance to test her where it counts (for stamina)

No Miles my buddy that takes me ferreting on his permission over there is away for a while. I'll miss next season too :cry:

Curdog.... yes she was up and at them. Had to be for most of the ground she was running but she grew up in Northern Ireland and knew no different. She could stay on too, at least she stayed as well as she needed to but never had the chance to test her where it counts (for stamina)

No Miles my buddy that takes me ferreting on his permission over there is away for a while. I'll miss next season too :cry:

Did your ferreting mate sell a wheatgreyxsalukigrey in cmw not too long ago for 2k ?

Did your ferreting mate sell a wheatgreyxsalukigrey in cmw not too long ago for 2k ?

No idea merle24, I don't get cmw.