Knives

Guest Mac

Anybody got opinions on knives (pocket/handy-sized), personal fav's etc as the title says, a good all-rounder ? Just interested.

( I know what your opinion will be to that chilli, keep it to yer self :11:)

I've got a Victorinox multi-tool which goes everywhere with me and that's got two good blades, one slightly serrated. They keep a good edge and I've caped out a few foxes with that one. I don't know how much they are over here as I got mine on the continent but they'd be similar to a Gerber or Leatherman I suppose. I also keep a Victorinox Swiss Champion handy.

As for a fixed blade I bought a Cudeman last year and it's been good

http://www.cutlerytogo.com/cudemanofspain.html

I did use a Smith and Wesson (silver, part serrated, 2nd from left top row)

http://worldwideknives.com/smithandwesson/sw1.html

and that was good until I tried to cut acrylic glass with it :11:

I've got a Victorinox multi-tool which goes everywhere with me and that's got two good blades, one slightly serrated. They keep a good edge and I've caped out a few foxes with that one. I don't know how much they are over here as I got mine on the continent but they'd be similar to a Gerber or Leatherman I suppose. I also keep a Victorinox Swiss Champion handy.

As for a fixed blade I bought a Cudeman last year and it's been good

http://www.cutlerytogo.com/cudemanofspain.html

I did use a Smith and Wesson (silver, part serrated, 2nd from left top row)

http://worldwideknives.com/smithandwesson/sw1.html

and that was good until I tried to cut acrylic glass with it  :11:

:good: few good sites there [bANNED TEXT] , worth a gander. Trawling through eBay there, seems to be a shit-load to choose from. Bought a wee handy one on there few months back , very similar to that Smith and Wesson not to bad.

3109786f.jpg

leatherman wave.with me everywhere i go ..superb bit of kit.lifetime guarentee.have sent mine back a few times when i have broken the screw driver head etc..3 days later each time recieved a brand new leatherman.rang them up once about sharpening the serated blade ..send it us they said and we will put a new blade on free of charge cant speak more highly of them

I dont know if you lads can get them back home, but the ONLY knife company i would get knifes from now is Cold Steel...they are the BEST.

I butchered a WHOLE elk with a Mini Bushman, and they sell all kinds of stuff, spears, swords, tomahawks, knifes etc.

I got all my mates onto them over here and thats all they will use know. The Bushman and the Mini Bushman are great...they cost rough between 5-15 quid, and if you break it, send it back and you will get another free!...they sound crap at that price, but they are amazing!

Kye..

Guest reload
I dont know if you lads can get them back home, but the ONLY knife company i would get knifes from now is Cold Steel...they are the BEST.

I butchered a WHOLE elk with a Mini Bushman, and they sell all kinds of stuff, spears, swords, tomahawks, knifes etc.

I got all my mates onto them over here and thats all they will use know. The Bushman and the Mini Bushman are great...they cost rough between 5-15 quid, and if you break it, send it back and you will get another free!...they sound crap at that price, but they are amazing!

Kye..

Cold Steel.....are proper knives :good: Good quality gear.

here's my hunting knives, they live on the back door step, both hand made in nz small ones a svord general purpose, made from swedish steel holds a good edge. bigger one is my duel pigsticker, stainless steel and well balanced, both have seen alot of use. might be a bit overkill for ya guys fox though lol.http://knives005.jpg

leatherman wave.with me everywhere i go ..superb bit of kit.lifetime guarentee.have sent mine back a few times when i have broken the screw driver head etc..3 days later each time recieved a brand new leatherman.rang them up once about sharpening the serated blade ..send it us they said and we will put a new blade on  free of charge   cant speak more highly of them

Tim, I got myself a leathermen wave off my old man....he got it from work off the storeman for nowt :D ...Like you say quality...a lot better than the old original leatherman...how do you go about sending them back do they need a receipt with them when sent? Nothing wrong with mine just handy to know.. ;)

Lucky them frosts are good knives, all the riggers used to use them offshore..cheap with a nice blade and rubber grip... :)

I DONT USE A KNIFE ANY MORE :p IF I SHOOT A DEER AND WANT TO GRALOCH IT I JUST FATTEN THE END OF THE SPENT CASE WITH A ROCK AND USE THAT ONLY JOKEING. I USE AN OLD TIMMER LKE ME.