Border Terrier

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

very good dogs if bred right

Loads of people say they are slow, a friend of a friends dog didnt click until it was nearly 3, as far as bushing, ferreting and ratting goes my border had it from the word go, the earth work might take a lot longer for the penny to drop with him though, but like ive said im not to fussed if he doesnt as hes a cracking dog at what he does already and I do my fair share of ferreting so he comes in handy

yes, but not a lot of info at the moment, will get to no more on saturday.

where you based mate ... whats the dam n sire called and who bred them?

Are you a policeman, you want a lot of info.

No copper mate .. just that going by the flag n you being from north wales maybe a chance your from wrexham (maybe a long shot) .. i know a lot of lads in and around wrexham and good chance i may know the dogs breeder ... a dog is what you make mate .. i've seen pups from un-tested stock work well

dont doubt the working abilities of a border as an earth dog. iv had 5 borders down the years and cant realy fault them. had some great digs .

WELL SAID

ill second that, i have 3 and they hunt like fck, all go to ground, and in a pack on top, all flush to the gun, but they do sing like hounds, great little terrs.

ive got one he was thick as pig shit. although i thourt he was and other day he shocked me by markin a hole .and other dogs had a sniff round and never entetaind it so i carried on walkin thinkin nowt was at home. then heard a rat squeel and he had dug it out well suprised at him now hes on the ball . dont underestimate a border a lot do. hes cumin on 2 now .i think there a bit slower than otherterriers just give him time

That's it mate, never had one but what I've seen I think they do take a while to come out of their shell but once they do they make little cracking earth dogs, the only thing is there's alot of show bread shite out there so you have to be certain the dog will work, not many terrier men I know like to wait that long for a dog to come on so the dog ends up getting written off by it's second season, all the best with your dog mate hope it all works out well for you.

Atb Ryan

Hi all just bought a Border Terrier bitch, i want it for bushing and also a bit of ratting, the reason i chose a Border over the Terrier breeds is thy seem to be a lot quieter, (neighbours problems)do thy make good working dogs,sensibly replies please.

ive got two and cant fault them , both from workers not the best looking borders ive seen but they do there job and do it well.100% earth dogs.They are also very quiet in the yard.

yes, but not a lot of info at the moment, will get to no more on saturday.

where you based mate ... whats the dam n sire called and who bred them?

Are you a policeman, you want a lot of info.

No copper mate .. just that going by the flag n you being from north wales maybe a chance your from wrexham (maybe a long shot) .. i know a lot of lads in and around wrexham and good chance i may know the dogs breeder ... a dog is what you make mate .. i've seen pups from un-tested stock work well

• 2 weeks later...