Out with a gun pack today

Hello all

my mate had arranged a day out with his gun pack on a local farm been having probs with foxes, so we all meet at his place about 15+ people, then headed off to the spot started hunting about 8ish, hounds did first big patch of winnies and hit on straight away hunted for a while and then started marking so hounds moved on and my mate went with the 2 young pups both 12 month old( 1 was the young dog pup we dug at 8 ft a couple of weeks ago) the young bitch wasnt as keen as the dog so he collared the dog up and away he went left the dog to settle and then he got a mark and dug down broke through to the dog digging trying to push on so he opened up abit and let back in a couple of mins and he was locked opened up to make a bit room removed dog and then dispatched a small vixen this young dog pup did really well, looks like he could make a really good dog, hounds had moved on to a different wood but scent wasnt the best and nothing more about so we called it a day all in all a good morning out happy farmer job done

a couple of pics for yous to see cheers for reading

ATB SIMPSON10

post-36648-0-86496700-1294588739_thumb.jpg

post-36648-0-21980900-1294588756_thumb.jpg

post-36648-0-50722800-1294588770_thumb.jpg

Nice one mate. We will have to go down Nottingham one weekend and have a do with jam and steve, shit loads of permission, could ask Will if we can sleep in the shooters lodge!

i know mate arrange a weekend when he gets sorted down there :thumbs:

had a cracking day with you simpson enjoyed getting involved with it hope we get some more days like that soon

no probs mate need abit more weather like today and we will get out with terriers :thumbs:

Cracking posts mate, Look forward to reading them.

Looks like you have some fine working dogs there.

Hers me trying to get 2 young bitches started and cant find a thing. :wallbash:

Do you not fancy talking one away for a couple of weeks and bring it back working :thumbs:

Do you not fancy talking one away for a couple of weeks and bring it back working :thumbs:

LOL them pups today were my mates the dog we have dug twice and the way he works you would think he had been working for a ages, just keep at it mate is there nobody you can join up with help bring them on?? weather like today get out checking you will hit on shortly :thumbs:

LOL them pups today were my mates the dog we have dug twice and the way he works you would think he had been working for a ages, just keep at it mate is there nobody you can join up with help bring them on?? weather like today get out checking you will hit on shortly :thumbs:

Been 20 odd year since I dug my last fox, packed in due to work commitments.

Just started again, no more permission anymore just get where I can, when I can really as still dont get much time off.

Been checking a few local earths some looking very promising, but still nothing, could do with an experienced dog really but there none for sale this time of year.