Look what I caught

A farmer client was having a rat problem in his sheds so as normal started trapping and baiting first night caught 34 in traps picked up the traps started baiting re visited in a week or less with my trusty terrier no sign of any dead rats or dopy ones no fresh droppings,dog kept looking up not marking on the floor or walls anyway went and had a cuppa with the farmer put the dog by time we finished yapping decided to have a peep in the sheds with the night vision it was now dark the only rats I seen were above ground on the roof beams banged three of them with the daystate .

Goes back about four days later found no further evidence of rats however terrier marking hole in back shed floor found some droppings .decided to lay live trap two days later after couple of visits found this fella waiting for me.

By the look of it I'd say you have the real deal there mate.Where you from?.

Mid Wales and he come from a very remote farm and he is certainly not tame it is a nasty little bstd dont half let of a squirt when you go near it gave him a dead rat last night not a fckn bone left,the farmer said last year they lost about six weak lambs with bite marks to the neck dont know if it was him they have a big pond close by fed by a large stream use to ducks not one left ,will probably investigate further before they start lambing again

This is most definitely a Wild Polecat... :blink:

We have taken two in the last month..

They are completely different to a polecat ferret,..unbelievably fast and powerful...

The DEFRA boys tell me that all wild'un's must be released back into the wild...

We have this fecker in with a beautiful Black Eyed White bitch,..just for company... ;)

All the best,.and good trapping....CHALKWARREN... :drink:

OLDSARUMDecember2006003.jpg

WELL CHALKIE ,

YOU TRYING THE 1/2 AND 1/2s THEN ? .............. OR WAS THAT CRITTER A FERAL ? , THE PICTURES A LITTLE BLURRED ........ OR WAS THAT DUE TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER LAUGHING AT THE POLEY TRYING TO TAKE A LUMP OUT :laugh:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING ;)

I've caught dozens of 'feral' feckers,..some still with their Deben collars on :whistle:

No,.this was the real McCoy mate........

:D:laugh::laugh: It was ,..emotional... :laugh::laugh:

But,.it won't take me long to whip him in shape,..I've rosettes to win thou knows,... :laugh::laugh:

ferretears1.jpg

Edited by CHALKWARREN