Working bedlingtons with ferrets

I,m no expert,went oot for a mooch with a pure bedlington mooching and I was very impressed,a couple of rabbits just bushing within 10 minutes,only dug there :gunsmilie:

If you fancy bedlington though and ferreting your style,I would get a 1st x whippet,jmo :thumbs:

i have a bedlington which i use for ferreting. i had lurchers for over 20 years. the reason i have a bedlington is on my permission the farmer wont allow lurchers simple as that.the dog has a first class nose .a very good marking dog.very fast for a terrier.he suits my needs all my ferreting is done in strips of woodland.i dont have the luxury of ferreting on open fields dales etc.they would make good bushing dogs.one down side is the coat everything gets stuck in it brambles etc. although he is a intelligent dog he wasnt the easiest dog i have ever trained.with people he is great with other dogs he is fine. if i am being totaly honest i prefer lurchers.

i work a beddy with my ferrets. cracking little dog.don't have to tie her up whilst doing sets or owt. mines also rat mad.as said before just make sure you get one from working parents. :thumbs:

As above mate and the bures,seeds do get caught up.Keep it trimmed and no problem,great dogs to be out with.

post-13213-0-90022000-1294513672_thumb.jpg

• Like 1