New addition not looking too healthy

To cut a long story short i ended up going to get another jill today due to her not being looked after too well :censored: She is half sister to my 2 jill's and niece to my 2 hobs :blink: Anyway i picked her up and she seem's very sweet natured but also very thin and small compared to mine ( I do admit my ferts are fat buggers though :blush: ) Also that her coat is very what seems to be stained, or like a yellowy tarnish to it ( Possibly urine stained ? ), and that she looks to have dark orange tear marks round her eye's ?

I am lucky enough to have a spare hutch so i have put her in there along with my albino jill ( who is friendly, as mine all are ) and a fresh rabbit, next to my other hutch so all the ferts are still together sort of ! I will put my other jill in with them tomorrow and then by the begining to mid next week hopefully have them all in together. ( My boy's have been done )

My question's are is there anything that i should be really looking out for or do you think that with a decent bit of food and clean housing she will come good ?

Thanks, Blackstaff :signthankspin:

I would keep her seperate as well mate. At least untill she starts to look half decent. Job one: give her a bath. Baby or puppy shampoo will be ok, just keep away from the eyes and rinse it out well. Then keep her indoors untill she has dried off thouroughly. As you said, clean, dry hutch with plenty of deep sawdust throughout and a good pile of straw in the nest box. A multi parasite spot on from the local pet supermarket (or ebay), again as you said a fresh rabbit for her to help herself to and fresh water.

Edited by DogMagic

what a coincidence!i just picked up two from a friend that i felt weren't bein looked after good enough,one is the sister to my hob(albino)and looks yellow,i assume from living in a dirty hutch,the other is poley looking so isn't easy to tell how dirty she is,i will keep them away from my other three til i can feed/clean them etc,til i'm confident they are ok,just incase,you say yours is showing staining around the eyes,i'd clean her and keep a close eye on her for a day or two,if she seems ill get her looked at they get worse very quickly,and there was a heated debate on here recently when someone asked for advice after a couple of days and the ferret died.

I would recommend mixing decent food with whatever she,s used to in her previous home,an immediate change may be too much of a shock to the system,whole rabbit may be too much hard work for her,hope she comes good,atb :thumbs:

Edited to say cat meat jmo

Edited by roxy

what a coincidence!i just picked up two from a friend that i felt weren't bein looked after good enough,one is the sister to my hob(albino)and looks yellow,i assume from living in a dirty hutch,the other is poley looking so isn't easy to tell how dirty she is,i will keep them away from my other three til i can feed/clean them etc,til i'm confident they are ok,just incase,you say yours is showing staining around the eyes,i'd clean her and keep a close eye on her for a day or two,if she seems ill get her looked at they get worse very quickly,and there was a heated debate on here recently when someone asked for advice after a couple of days and the ferret died.

does that gaitor catch many wabbits mate