Saluki Coursing Gazelle

I've read this thread with interest, and avoided comment, up 'till now, because it's a very emotive subject. In my opinion, yes, we should support ALL types of hunting, (and fishing and shooting, come to that !!), but I saw that "Carted Deer" video a while ago, and was frankly disgusted by it. It can in no way be classed as HUNTING in the true sense. Taking a park deer and transporting it to somewhere and giving it a bit start and setting a pack of hounds after it, THEN recapturing it and taking it back to the park to wait for another days "sport" is only ammunition to the anti's, in my opinion. I've had my fair share of game, and use every advantage I can, but at least the quarry is in it's own habitat, and if caught will be dispached quickly and put to good use, (food for me or my dogs), and as for the comment about park hare coursing, running dogs in muzzles after hares is pathetic ! I've seen dogs still pick up hares, even with a muzzle on, more ammunition to the anti's, at least with the Waterloo Cup, etc, the hare was on it's own land, and either died quickly or got away unhurt. These are only my own opinions, and everyone has their own opinions.

Cheers.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan........you do the job right mate and I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you anytime, no matter if you run dogs, dig, shoot, fish, fly birds, trap whatever...........but I will always endevour to tell it like it is, and the blokes in that vid carrying on that type of hunting are nobodys friend Bryan.........and least of all hunters ;)

They should be condemed because they will loose you your hunting in the blink of an eye ;)