Trap Building - Primitive and Modern

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Had my copy of this book for a week or so now. Must say; I'm well pleased with it! And it's amazingly bigger in format than I expected too! A4 Plus?

I admit; I've never been taken with or even drawn to the 'Camp' type traps. Stuff ye might use in a more survivally situation. I like my factory made stuff. But, John; Take a look under Snares, mate. The run through, baited double set snare? Man alive! I Love that!

Fact is, I've been put onto a source of fibreglass 'Benders' for snares and, as soon as I can afford them, I'll be kitting myself out with some of those. Mheanwhile, inspired by that design, I may well have to get out there and start driving in some sticks.

I figure that, if I start now, I can very gradually build my own little fences on what ever likely looking runs I can find out there. Add a new stick every so often. The mink won't even notice I'm doing it and should just keep running that line. Eventually I'll have then running, quite naturally, between my own little fences! :D

Imagine what a harvest I'll reap then! Day I get my springs I'll just go round them all and set sprung wires on pathways I'll know are being used regularly! I'll even be able to lay sand beds between those fences, just to be dead sure. Then, comes the time, slip in my cross pieces and let those f*ckers have it!

That's what I like about many of the devices in this book: Devious! :laugh:

Well reccommended! :good:

John

Got the book, very good, has given me plenty of ideas, specially the triggers, some very simple ,even I can make.

A definite for those making or thinking of making their own traps.

bign thanks John

Sean

• 3 months later...

all you budding trap builders out there this is just the job for you and shows you how to make various cage traps the easy way and loads of tips for the novice :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

ive got a copy of this book very good.i found it a good read and shows you alot of stuff easy to make anyone thinking geting into trapping and trap building should get a copy of this book very good price aswell- cheers john b :clapper::victory: top man

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...