Trap Building - Primitive and Modern

If any of you budding trap makers are interested, I have a spare copy of this book going for £12 all in - brand new copy.

It's not one of your classic reference works, like Carnegie, but it's ideal if you're just itching to make stuff.

post-2748-1183641944.jpg

Printed in a clear large format - each page 11 inches x 8 inches.

60 pages. Card covers.

The subjects covered include: Lever action traps, foot hold traps, box traps of various designs, barrel traps, cage traps, fishing pole snares, basic snares, box snares and many others.

Every page is full of large, clear illustrations (see examples pictures), each referencing the original source for the design. These illustrations are often supported with detail on triggers and mechanisms. For example the 'common box trap' shown with three different trigger variations.

There is also an interesting section on bending wire to make wire cages, including a homemade wooden 'brake' to bend wire mesh in straight corners

PM me if you're interested. :yes:

post-2748-1183642303.jpg post-2748-1183642316.jpg [/left]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ditch_Shitter

If ye still have a copy available on Wednesday, John, remind me and I'll take one, please. If I'm not in Siberia by then, that is.

Any Snares in it, mate ? :whistle:

John b good little book my lad was looking over my shoulder

when i started to look at it he now want's to start catching rat's.

So not only have you sent me a good book with clear diagram's

and pictures it's converted a five year old to my great delight.

Cheers John b

OK I've had the next batch of these now, and have posted out copies to all those of you who have sent me some money and have had it acknowledged by me.

I've got a couple of names on my list who said they were interested but not yet paid and maybe a couple of extras copies spare - so if you want one or think I should have had your cash please PM me.

If there's enough interest I will probably order some more

JB