.22 bolt action and semi auto on same permission

I have both bolt action and semi auto. You should of not really had much of a problem in adding another of the same calibre, but i have a feeling it could be down to you only having you fac for a few months, hope you can sort it, all the best.

I have both bolt action and semi auto. You should of not really had much of a problem in adding another of the same calibre, but i have a feeling it could be down to you only having you fac for a few months, hope you can sort it, all the best.

You may be right, it might be as i've only had my fac since august, i've got to ring back on tuesday afternoon so i'll see what they say this time, i'm not going to kick up a fuss but if i dont get it i'll definatly be getting rid of the 10/22 as my membership runs out in the summer and i dont think i'll be renewing it, cheers men, Liam..

• Like 1

hi i have a semi and a bolt action. the semi i got many years cheap of a guy that was emigrating it hates .22 subs so i told feo that one was for subs and the other was used for high velocity ammo.

passed no probs and had them both for years now and they never ask anymore!

regards P

• Like 1

been back on the phone today and still no joy as they are saying why do i need 3 .22's on my permissions so i am going to sell it shortly and put in for a one for one for the .17hmr which they said would be fine, cheers for the replies anyway men, Liam..

• 5 years later...

I had one .22lr on an open ticket, no reference as to bolt or semi. I asked for another .22lr for target, again I did not specify bolt or semi. I now have slots for two 22lr, neither are specific as to type, both are on an open ticket for vermin both for target, both for expanding ammunition.

It is not uncommon to have 2 calibres the same, I actually have 3 x .22LR at the moment.

Simple fact is you have to demonstrate a need, and yours does not appear to be strong enough in the eyes of your region.

Dedicated night vision, target, other sites, etc may all work, as others have mentioned, but I think you may have a bit of a problem in the immediate short term.

Have you spoken with BASC (other shooting organisations are available)?

Good luck!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1