dog advice

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what about collie grey x whippet grey or something similar, would say 1/4 collie is enough. or even col whip grey x deer grey

josh who do u no with a hanncock dog that does fox other than carroll's then ??

Posted Images

am geting confused :wallbash: i just need a dog to lamp foxes with as well as to go on a days ferreting with

Well fella IF you don't have any idea of what dog you want then I do see the point of asking.........most x's will do the job you want,some better than others.With it being your first dog then I'd say go for something thats going to be steady and not to head strong.A well bred collie x is one type thats dosen't take a seasoned dog man to handle and on rabbits are a good dog and if entered right can turn there hand to charlie.

am geting confused :wallbash: i just need a dog to lamp foxes with as well as to go on a days ferreting with

Well fella IF you don't have any idea of what dog you want then I do see the point of asking.........most x's will do the job you want,some better than others.With it being your first dog then I'd say go for something thats going to be steady and not to head strong.A well bred collie x is one type thats dosen't take a seasoned dog man to handle and on rabbits are a good dog and if entered right can turn there hand to charlie.

what wud you suggest then collie x ? i just wont to pick the right pup for what i wont it to do

most crosses will do what you want them too do its all too do with the up bringing, a mate of mines a a 3/4 collie greyhound hancocks bred that will hit foxes but once its took a belt back off one she lays off them wheres another freinds from hancocks collie x's does foxes single handedly,

i do agree with most of the previous posts you want something with abit of brains, the collie x thrives on being givn commands too follow!

the whippet/greyhound is another good choice, and the bedlington/whippet which was originally bred for foxes etc but also exceed too be very succesful on rabbits but i my oppinion lack in top end speed, i have a bedlington/whipppet bitch two year old and a saluki/whippet/collie/greyhound x deerhound/greyhound whom i hae very high hopes about, atb with your choice of first lurcher but do take in mind that you will have her for a very long time.

:thumbs::notworthy:

hi all can any body tell me what dog to get? am after a all rounder for lamping and ferreting? it will be my first dog so could do with sum advice thanks. :thumbs:

a whippet x greyhound and i might just have that for you :victory:

am after a bitch? need to finish building kennel yet tho will they take foxes?

do you mean could it have taken fox pre ban :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yes, easily catch them and hold them down but not really got the weight behind it to finish it off, thats why we've put a 26" dog over her - hoping to get something a little bit bigger than our bitch with the pup we've kept back. They are full of heart though, loyal and good to train. . Have a friend with a litter of pups but they are bull x's.

The fields are pretty small round us so this small, fast type of dog is brilliant for turning prey back into the middle of fields, very quick of the mark and will run a mile for a mouse if you put the lamp in that direction!Would recommend

this cross.

my mates got a whippet greyhound and it smashes fox its a bitch and its 25 tts or yeh pre ban of course :whistling:

Edited by jedandlevo

most crosses will do what you want them too do its all too do with the up bringing, a mate of mines a a 3/4 collie greyhound hancocks bred that will hit foxes but once its took a belt back off one she lays off them wheres another freinds from hancocks collie x's does foxes single handedly,

i do agree with most of the previous posts you want something with abit of brains, the collie x thrives on being givn commands too follow!

the whippet/greyhound is another good choice, and the bedlington/whippet which was originally bred for foxes etc but also exceed too be very succesful on rabbits but i my oppinion lack in top end speed, i have a bedlington/whipppet bitch two year old and a saluki/whippet/collie/greyhound x deerhound/greyhound whom i hae very high hopes about, atb with your choice of first lurcher but do take in mind that you will have her for a very long time.

people are ravin on about these bull greys wt do you reckon?

people are ravin on about these bull greys wt do you reckon?

because bullx are good for charlie ,and can do rabbits ,do what you want ,get which ever dog you want ,you are asking people opions are they are giving you advice ,don,t knock it

you have named nearly every breed, may i ask how old you are??