Mike brown whippets?

Hope that wasnt aimed at me .... Point there would be what exactly as knowing when to do what in a working line is from what i gather from most on here all down to choosing the right parents whom are both workers from workers so if he dont work his own dogs and its them he is choosing to breed your surely stating that he is specificaly choosing non working dogs to produce workers ? so in reality it wouldnt give a toss when he out crossed as its non working crap he is putting the outcross over anyway ????????

he does work his dogs so why dont you run along and dig some fresh earth if [bANNED TEXT] your tryin to say is mb is breedin shite then how come people have bin buyin his animals for 25 years :hmm: and some times when you want a pup theres a mass of months waiting list surely this man is doin somethin right same goes for him he doesnt have to come on here to answer people of likein of you when he knows [bANNED TEXT] his dogs are and [bANNED TEXT] they can do an [bANNED TEXT] there produceing if come on here an answerd back to 1 of you knob heads replys he would have to answer you all

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

Hope that wasnt aimed at me .... Point there would be what exactly as knowing when to do what in a working line is from what i gather from most on here all down to choosing the right parents whom are both workers from workers so if he dont work his own dogs and its them he is choosing to breed your surely stating that he is specificaly choosing non working dogs to produce workers ? so in reality it wouldnt give a toss when he out crossed as its non working crap he is putting the outcross over anyway ????????

awwww look at that cowering little scrowny whippet in your avatar pic, kind of feel sorry for it :cry:

Edited by no1 jibber

he does work his dogs so why dont you run along and dig some fresh earth if [bANNED TEXT] your tryin to say is mb is breedin shite then how come people have bin buyin his animals for 25 years :hmm: and some times when you want a pup theres a mass of months waiting list surely this man is doin somethin right same goes for him he doesnt have to come on here to answer people of likein of you when he knows [bANNED TEXT] his dogs are and [bANNED TEXT] they can do an [bANNED TEXT] there produceing if come on here an answerd back to 1 of you knob heads replys he would have to answer you all

wurzlebert where do you get your info from? 25yrs :whistling: his first 2 dogs were ss and gorwynne glissando both were bred in 1991 thats 19yrs ago and they would nt of been old enough to breed from that year :thumbs: Yes your right he would have to answer a lot of questions if he came on here

Y.I.S Leeview

wurzlebert where do you get your info from? 25yrs :whistling: his first 2 dogs were ss and gorwynne glissando both were bred in 1991 thats 19yrs ago and they would nt of been old enough to breed from that year :thumbs: Yes your right he would have to answer a lot of questions if he came on here

Y.I.S Leeview

hes been in the dog game 20 to 25 years no matter how much you slag the man on here he will always have good workin homes awaiting for his pups

If mike brown wanted to course his whippets at a NCC meet, or should i say some of his whippets he would not be allowed ,this as nothing to do with breeding good working dogs ,some things are there to make everybody equal at a coursing meet ,were there could be a lot of money changing hands .The stud register is there to stop people running a bit of something different i now there is some missing information in the register that some people would like to fill the missing bits in but it as not been forthcoming ,Nothing against the lad and i now that he as bred a good few workers but sometimes things are there for a reason ,

Please tell me if i have got it wrong atb

If mike brown wanted to course his whippets at a NCC meet, or should i say some of his whippets he would not be allowed ,this as nothing to do with breeding good working dogs ,some things are there to make everybody equal at a coursing meet ,were there could be a lot of money changing hands .The stud register is there to stop people running a bit of something different i now there is some missing information in the register that some people would like to fill the missing bits in but it as not been forthcoming ,Nothing against the lad and i now that he as bred a good few workers but sometimes things are there for a reason ,

your wrong - talking whippets not greyhounds and if it was still legal and his dogs are KC and under the stick plus he is a a running member he can run

Edited by paddybarr

your wrong - talking whippets not greyhounds and if it was still legal and his dogs are KC and under the stick plus he is a a running member he can run

Why is oohmydog wrong? whippets ran under NCC rules as did saluki's and deerhounds obviously against their own breed.

Are his dogs KC registered? Only on TWA none of his breeding have a registration number or acknowledged as being bred or owned by mb :hmm:

If as you say his dogs were "under the stick" he could run as a nomination without being a running member :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

his first 2 dogs were ss and gorwynne glissando both were bred in 1991 thats 19yrs ago and they would nt of been old enough to breed from that year

MB bought gorwyne glissando in when she was about 3 years old, a lad i knew owned her from a pup she was a great working bitch, after a marraiege problem she was rehomed then MB bought her in.

at the end of the day the bloke has done well out of whippets, some people love them some hate them but you cant knock the man he made sooty sam a name used all aroun the world and could of sold ice to eskimos?

Edited by parkstone whippets
his first 2 dogs were ss and gorwynne glissando both were bred in 1991 thats 19yrs ago and they would nt of been old enough to breed from that year

MB bought gorwyne glissando in when she was about 3 years old, a lad i knew owned her from a pup she was a great working bitch, after a marraiege problem she was rehomed then MB bought her in.

at the end of the day the bloke has done well out of whippets, some people love them some hate them but you cant knock the man he made sooty sam a name used all aroun the world and could of sold ice to eskimos?

Cant dispute much of what your stating and a salesman par excellance :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Why is oohmydog wrong? whippets ran under NCC rules as did saluki's and deerhounds obviously against their own breed.

Are his dogs KC registered? Only on TWA none of his breeding have a registration number or acknowledged as being bred or owned by mb :hmm:

If as you say his dogs were "under the stick" he could run as a nomination without being a running member :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

He was "wrong" saying that mb would not be allowed to run also he mentioned money and stud registers both applicable to GY's

if mb had kc registed whippets 20" or under he would have been able to run

Compared to coursing with greyhounds (covered by the National Coursing Club), whippet coursing was very much a minority sport. There were only three clubs in the UK coursing under the jurisdiction of the National Whippet Coursing Club.

All whippets had to be be registered with The Kennel Club and must not exceed a height of 20 inches at the shoulder. The rules of the NWCC are based on the NCC rules for greyhounds with adjustments made to cater for the much smaller size of the whippet. The length of the slip (the law, or lead given to the hare) is shortened to a minimum of 35 yards (but is usually greater than this) and fewer points are awarded for the lead to the first turn.

All whippet coursing under NWCC rules was strictly amateur with no prize money, betting or commercial sponsorship.

Its not what MB did in terms of breeding he took an old method of in breeding 3 times then outcrossing and then coming back in what's worrying is everyone else doing the same thing, no imagination or thought, breedings about improving not copying . There needs to be more outcrosses and different blood for the good of working whippets the gene pool will be too small. And the myth about Sooty Sam breeding not being bettered? I've got a Sooty Sam bitch who has never let me down but I've also got another whippet from different lines that's just as good and dare I say it even better. There does seem to be more people outcrossing with different lines and working different lines and this is what we need to move forward. MB breeds decent dogs from what I've experienced he's got his breeding methods about time others used their own imagination.

Its not what MB did in terms of breeding he took an old method of in breeding 3 times then outcrossing and then coming back in what's worrying is everyone else doing the same thing, no imagination or thought, breedings about improving not copying . There needs to be more outcrosses and different blood for the good of working whippets the gene pool will be too small. And the myth about Sooty Sam breeding not being bettered? I've got a Sooty Sam bitch who has never let me down but I've also got another whippet from different lines that's just as good and dare I say it even better. There does seem to be more people outcrossing with different lines and working different lines and this is what we need to move forward. MB breeds decent dogs from what I've experienced he's got his breeding methods about time others used their own imagination.

thats the very trouble, there are far too many people with little or no knoledge of dogs\breeding that are trying to imitate M/B's breeding plan with little thought for the conciquences for the breed or the stock they are churning out selling the pups on the mythicle name "SOOTY SAM"

recently ive seen inbred SS lines (NOT DIRECTLY FROM M/B ) of 23,24,even 25" at the shoulder, surely if a dog of that size is needed then a whippet/grey cross would be more suitable rather than breeding excessivly large whippets.

Edited by parkstone whippets