Mike brown whippets?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

Yep people have success with show whippets but they are sold as show whippets no bull shit or big boasts . When you go to buy from working stock you would expect it to be working wouldnt you not unfit and kennel bound as I found mikes dogs then I was shown 15 year old photos of mikes own dogs no up to date ones only up to date ones of other peoples dogs . This may be acceptable for other people but when I go to buy a pup advertised as a working whippet I want proof that both the sire and dam actualy work none of this was proven not one photo could be provided and not one dog in the yard was fit enough to work. On the plus side all dogs were in good health and the yard and kennels were spotless .

No such thing as a working line people make out mike has invented some new type of whippet . What utter shit all he has done is buy in dogs that look the part and breed from them nothing more . He keeps no pups back to carry on his line he just buys them in as adults when he needs a replacement. Same with his studs including ss all brought in as older dogs and not bought on from pups . None that I know of other than Sooty sam have worked. So how is this a working line . All credit should go to the lads that have brought on a pup to work and work them hard not mike all he does is mate two dogs together he dont put in the leg work that has made his so called line of dog famous he just the hancock of the whippet world

you have your own opinion, thats fair enough. But I've stated the obvious. Its like me going to buy a Labrador from a pet home, and then training it to work with the gun. Yes, it'll work to a certain extent with the right training and entering, but would it be as good or better than one that is bred for work?? The answer to that is NO! Same goes with terriers, I wouldnt buy a border from show stock, and expect it to be a top class digging dog would I. Point proven.

With all due respect onthebeam mb is using the word working whippet NOT actually working them so how will they be better than the labrador your buying from a pet home and expecting to work? you've already answered that I see

Y.I.S Leeview

how do you know he doesnt work his dogs? Wheres your proof? Are you a working dog detective? Because you go on like one. You speak like a total idiot to be honest leeveiw. The proof is in the pudding, as they say! And as I put in my 1st post about good bone, feet etc etc. Thats what you get with the coursing and mb lines. I certainly wouldnt buy a show bred whippet, and settle for second best. Word of advice anyway leeveiw speak sense, not in riddles. I have no more to say on this subject, enjoy the rest of the debate people.

The proof is in the proof mate and there aint any trust me I spent all afternoon there he dont work them dogs he is liveing of the backs of good honest dog men that work his stock and that is bang out of order . As for good feet how will mike know if his dogs feet are good if there not tested they aint walked let alone run . I have nothing against him breeding I just wish people would look through his shit and go buy mike brown lines from someone who works them for f**k sake there is plenty out there . But if people insist on giving him there money no amount of threads like this will change anything . I think his original stuff must have been worth a look but now id personaly leave it alone

The proof is in the proof mate and there aint any trust me I spent all afternoon there he dont work them dogs he is liveing of the backs of good honest dog men that work his stock and that is bang out of order . As for good feet how will mike know if his dogs feet are good if there not tested they aint walked let alone run . I have nothing against him breeding I just wish people would look through his shit and go buy mike brown lines from someone who works them for f**k sake there is plenty out there . But if people insist on giving him there money no amount of threads like this will change anything . I think his original stuff must have been worth a look but now id personaly leave it alone

my whippet was not bred by mb, but both his parents are, he has great feet nose etc everything I require for the job in hand. He also has no trouble taking larger quarry, when the opportunity arises. Now instead of slagging mb off, which is all you an leeveiw seem to do, not to forget dottydoo as well. Give me an opinion on what you think of his strain off whippets? You must of seen or know somebody that works this line, as you all know so much. And if anybody else owns and works mb whippets or similar breeding could you please give us your thoughts.

what way was redrum bred his make up was as a sprinter pigeon in question called tarzan bred in portadown brother/sister done nothing young ones out of them line bred winning all round them. irish lady had no saluki in her they are still line breeding her grand children. as for m.brown not working his dogs a mate was over to get pups of him and was out lamping with him as for taking photos in his yard i do the same why becouse i dont carry a phone or camera when im out. sootysam working whippet so line bred grandchildern greatgrandchildern to keep the line going what wrong with that.

Mikes line is ok nothing special dogs can be very varied in size and shape some make 23 itts some are very heavy others can turn out very lean and small and some look very good indeed but I wouldnt say they all breed to the strong type he is known for I have seen quite a few work all different sizes and shapes the ones that are owned by good dog lads worked well both day and night the ones that had novice owners wernt as good .as you would expect same as any dog not entered correctly . I have nothing against this line of dog some of my friends work them and they do it well . I am against false advertising ,and selling dogs of the backs of good dog men and taking the credit they deserve If some one wants mikes lines id say go to some one that breeds his line that actualy works them and is worthy of giving a pup the stamp of working stock

if m.brown is false advertising this can be said of the rest of people buying dogs/bitchs and breeding them how many dog men will say i got this bitch/dog of???? very few once they pay the money its there dog to do what they want with end of.what about the people selling pups making money of m.browns back.

Edited by mi5lyn

I am on about the way they are advertised as working whippet when they clearly for all to see aint worked atleast hancock will tell you none of his dogs in his kennels work . Instead of being shown photographic evidence of the parents being able to work he shows photos of other mens dogs to prove the ability of his line even if they have no direct link to the pup you are buying as I have previously stated bitchs not in welp do not look like they are fit enough for work leaving me to believe they are not worked only bred from this to me is false advertising . My own two are saturated with mikes breeding but I made absolutely sure both parents could graft so I have nothing against his lines just the lies

As for making money of mikes back why not he did it off the back of laguna. All I will say to people buying any whippet pup now days do some digging and ask awkward questions to prove the ability of the pups parents who ever you buy a pup of there are alot breeding litter after litter now but still only a hand full grafting them hard so be aware

every body got to start some were in the dog world just becouse he use the name working whippets alot of people are up in arms becouse they did not think of it first.the dogs speek for themself.as for useing the laguna name i think you will find ther was laguna in his dogs make up. that like someone asking me what in that lurcher and me saying she irish lady bred am i steeling the name by saying what in her i dont think so. would i sell more pups out of her for saying this in the lurcher world.<yes>

Edited by mi5lyn

It pisses me of that he uses the name working whippets when his own dogs are not yes he may sell them to lads that work them but his aint worked ther not fit enough for a long walk never mind a night on the lamp he yes the original dog was laguna bred are they now ? No so why carry it on il tell you why because it get puppy orders and deposit money in the bank . There blood lines have had all sorts put into them in the last 15 years as it said the original stuff looked mean fit and lean and capable of work and his photos prove it its the stuff hes breeding now im on about its not a patch on the old stuff in my opinion as with many there standards slip as time goes on and they continue selling pups on there reputation they built up in years gone bye . You look at pics of sooty sam and some of the old stock all fit ripped and ready for action now look at whats in the kennels and you will see my point

Mikes line is ok nothing special dogs can be very varied in size and shape some make 23 itts some are very heavy others can turn out very lean and small and some look very good indeed but I wouldnt say they all breed to the strong type he is known for I have seen quite a few work all different sizes and shapes the ones that are owned by good dog lads worked well both day and night the ones that had novice owners wernt as good .as you would expect same as any dog not entered correctly . I have nothing against this line of dog some of my friends work them and they do it well . I am against false advertising ,and selling dogs of the backs of good dog men and taking the credit they deserve If some one wants mikes lines id say go to some one that breeds his line that actualy works them and is worthy of giving a pup the stamp of working stock

so you know people who work this line to a satisfactory standard, yet mb is false advertising?? Think before you start typing away. And the majority of mb whippets I've seen have all been strong in type. So what would you consider to be an ideal whippet for work? Obviously you would want something built for the job? "example" You wouldnt buy a mini to go off roading.

i have had many a whippet over the years some you would not give house room becouse they were show bred worked as hard as any whippet. if you buy a dog of someone and your not happy dont go back and a other one of him the dogs do there talking in the field .do you think the boys that bred lucky irish lady and many more are not living of them if it was not for m.brown the whippet would no be were it is today.

Yes faults advertising . Advertised as working whippets and parents dont work cant make it any clearer than that can I that just makes them whippets not working whippets its not a worker if it dont come out the yard . Im not bothering with this thread again its pointless your obviously a bloke that believes all the hype without question. Iv been there seen his dogs with my own eyes and listened to the sales pitch with my own ears and it was utter bollocks . I have nowt against the dogs or lads that work them but mike brown talks shit and lies like f**k about the dogs in his yard . If you want to buy a pup of a bull shitter from dogs that dont get out thats up to you and whoever else. But dont expect everyone to fall into the same trap not everyone is that gullable and require proof that the parents can do the job